Chapter 2

Jungkook's POV

"I'm not coming at your place today Tae" I muttered, still half asleep...being able to sleep peacefully after working a 7 hour shift never felt more better. Moving out of my parent's house wasn't as easy as I assumed it would be. There were a lot of times I wanted to rush back but it was a stern decision. This apartment wasn't so bad after all. It was nice. Perfect for one person to live. Most of my day was spent outside doing my job and the rest with my friends. Life was simple. I earned enough to meet my expenditures. 

I spent most of my time with Taehyung, the guy I find at the grocery store I worked at. He was so clueless the day I first saw him. He came all the way from Korea and he needed a little time to be confident with his English and getting the items right. He was so happy when I was able to give a few dollars from my pocket cause he was running out. We always laughed when we looked back to that day and how his face lit up finding out I'm Korean too.

He liked spending Sundays with me, we'd binge watch horror movies and order pizza and cold drinks, have the time of our lives and call it a day. 

Smiling to myself reminiscing the old times, I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my ringtone churning over and over. Exhausted I look at the caller ID, it was unknown. I hadn't had those calls in a while and I was sure it was going to be someone random who messed up with their digits or maybe mom changer her number.

I picked the call as nobody spoke but as soon as I was going to drop it someone screamed loudly. "HELP ME" I kept repeating hello but nobody replied again and the line went dead. 

It was 2 AM and being all alone in my apartment didn't feel the best at that time. My heart felt like it'd jump out of my chest from fear and obliviousness. I was still in the state of sleepiness and instant shock. I called Taehyung and he picked up after my fourth trial. 

"what the heck?" he spat clearing his throat, I laughed nervously and told him I was scared as he sarcastically called me a coward.. "There's a reason we watch horror stuff together"

"It's not about the horror stuff." I explained "I had a call today and someone screamed HELP ME before the line went dead."

He didn't speak anything for a few minutes before he burst out laughing "Ever heard of a prank?"  I sighed running my hands through my hair in exhaustion. "People do this kind of stuff to make people like you feel like this" he continued "I'm pretty sure they did it to get a reaction out of you"

"but-" I tried to protest to him, my cheeks flushed in embarrassment. I didn't think of anything as a prank. 

"I guess you're right.. I woke up to the call and didn't think of anything like that" Sighing I dropped the call and silently looked at the ceiling. 

It didn't feel like a prank to me. Her Voice didn't feel like it had any sense of playfulness, It felt like a last cry for help and there I was. 

Why was I so worried over something I had no control over.