14

Catori

I shot up breathing heavily. Regaining my breathe and looking around I realized I was in the palace. Ankhesenamun was asleep next to Layla and Jamilah in Tutankhamun's chambers while he was away for the hunt. I calm myself down thinking back to the dream to only realise a tear pricking down my tan cheeks. Quickly I wiped them away then I was about to fall asleep but I hear something fall causing me to jolt up again.

Curious, I get off the bed. My long white dress trailing after me, descending from the little steps and going closer to the sound. It was a jar that fell but in the corner of the room was dark since it was midnight. I moved back a bit not knowing if it was those horror movies but I just did "Catori!" I hear behind me and the next thing I knew Ankhesenamun was shielding me from a guy that emerged from the dark corner.

"You!" She growls "what are you doing here? Didn't my brother banish you???" She demands and I take a look at this guy. He is similar to Tutankhamun, only he looks a bit older, weak and is very dirty "Sister, I just wanted----" "Don't ever address me as that!" She hissed. "Sister?" I asks confused "Wait, I'm so confused, what's going on?"

"Let me properly introduce myself, my name is Smenkhkare. Tutankhamun's older brother" he introduced "Was older brother till he decided to kill my mother and sister!" Ankhesenamun growls

"Ankhesenamun, let me explain. I had nothing to do with Nefertiti and your sister's death" he says "Save it. I do not want to hear it. What are you doing in the palace late at night? Stealing? Because that is treason" she hissed at him "I have no food, no water. Ankhesenamun, I don't even have shelter" he says and I feel bad for him "How I'd it my problem? If you hadn't killed my mother and sister, it would be a different matter, now leave before I call the guards" she says and he stands there...

"Ankhe........" I try to talk to her "Guards!!!" The guards come piling in the chambers "My Queen"

"Take him to the dungeons so I can deal with him later" she ordered and they nod, roughly grabbing him. Leading him out the room "Are you okay?" She asks turning to me and searching me with a look of concern "He didn't hurt you, didn't he?" She asks and i shake my head "who is he?" I ask "since when does Tutankhamun have a brother?" I furrowed my brows.

"Do not worry yourself, my sister. We will deal with it when the sun rises" she reassured "Ummi?" I hear Layla call for me as we walked back to the bed, climbing the small steps. "What happened?" She asks "Nothing to worry your pretty little head, little one. We will deal with it when sun Rises, Mhmm?" Ankhesenamun reassures and she nods slumping back on the bed "I - had bad dweam" Jamilah says rubbing her big eyes.

"Did you know? Was it Hook again?" I asked mentioning to Captain Hook "what did he do this time? I'm sure Peter Pan was there to save you" I say tickling her and she giggles. Soon we all calmed down and fell asleep......

"How in all Ra did you enter the palace?" Asked Ankhesenamun when we were in the audience chambers, interrogating Smenkhkare early in the morning after breakfast. Since Tutankhamun went for a hunt, he left us in charge "I have my ways" he shrugged proud and I rolled my eyes "My brother banished you. Why did you come back?"

"I have no place to turn to and this is my home" he stated "not after you decided to kill my mother and sister, Nefertiti and Meritaten" she stated "do you deny it?" She asks "yes. I deny it. You all weren't even there to even know what the truth was" he says

"But the truth is there, the weapon was there........in your hands filled with cold blood, do you deny it?" She asks and he is quiet "...Ay got to me first, he knew exactly what happened. Tell her Vizier" he looks over at Ay as all eyes were at him now "It is not true, my Queen. He did not kill your mother and sister, he simply removed the dagger pierced on her heart" Ay says "How can you take his side when I am your Queen???!!!" She raised her voice, tears brimming down her face.

Extending my hand, I rubbed her back then she calmed down "Explain this. If you knew he was innocent, why did you let Tutankhamun banish him right in front of your eyes?" Ankhesenamun asks "I was only serving the young Pharaoh, my Queen" At says proudly "While you knew the truth?" I finally asks quizzically "you do not speak, you are foreign!" He growls at me "You do not speak to your Queen like that! Unless you want me to report it to the Pharaoh" Ankhesenamun defended me as their eyes locked in battle

Ankhesenamun released a sigh "Very well. I will let you stay......until my brother comes back from the hunt, he will know what to do with you" she announced and Smenkhkare gives a smile or smirk "Please escort him to his chambers" the guards escorted him out the audience chambers.

Ankhesenamun

After the matter was half fixed, I think. I just let Smenkhkare stay til Tutankhamun returns from the hunt. I really don't want to face Smenkhkare, it brings so many painful memories of him killing my mother and sister. I'm very glad Catori was there to calm me down, I don't know what I would have down if she didn't.

Walking in the long halls, I was roughly grabbed by a hand on my wrists "Ay?" I ask but he ignored me "How can you let that foreigner sit on the thrown, carrying your brother's heir???!" He asks or more like demanded me "she has a name, Ay. And i have decided that I shall let things be. Tutankhamun loves Catori, I do not want to get in between what they have for each other" I say taking my wrist away from his hand "So you would rather be the Forgotten queen of the Pharaoh?" He asks me with raised brows and I stand tall.

"I may yes." I say proudly "but I know that I would never be forgotten in Tutankhamun's heart. I'm his last family, he would never forget me"

"Oh, grow up you little imbecile! He has already forgotten you! The more he loves that foreigner, the more you are going to be forgotten!" He raised his voice and I stay calm. Catori had taught me not to get into small things like these "I suggest you mind your tongue Ay. One day, you'll find it cut off and the next day you touch me like this you won't have hands. What kind of Vizier would be help to the Pharaoh if he has no hands or tongue then?" I asks and he is taken by a surprise as I smirked in satisfaction then I walked away leaving him there.