3

Cadie

So, apparently, it turns out, I am in ancient Egypt. It had been a few days I have spent in this stupid cell and on my luck, I had my phone which was in my pocket, I tried calling my parents but it got no frickin reception!!!!

There goes my luck. So I took up on the 'Pharaoh's' offer which wasn't but a demand. I just decided to marry him and yeah, I have a plan of escaping here. I don't know how but I will, even if it takes a witch! I will go home! I wonder what must be happening back in my time? I shrug that of as some guards led me to my chambers as they call it here, I got in to see four girls standing in a line, all wearing white and gold with the same hair, same skin, same everything but their features were different, I was slightly confused, no scratch that, I was beyond confused "Umm........"

"My Lady, we are your Chamber maids" one announced and she was a bit different to all of them so I'm guessing she's the leader "right.....and what can I help you with?" I ask "My lady, we are here to help you get ready" she says and I nod as she leads me over to the bathing area and one tries to take off my shirt "Woah! Back up, back up, girl what are you doing?" I asked her "I'm sorry, my Lady" she says with her head held down to the ground, eyes refusing to meet mine "My Lady, Chamber maids help the Lady get ready. We bath you, do you hair and everything else to get you clean" the leader explained to me and I understood "okay....but....I can bath myself, if that's okay with you" I say awkwardly and she nods "Is there anything I need to know about chamber maids so I don't freak out?" I say sarcastically "we help the Lady with getting ready and when she has children with the Pharaoh, we assist her when she is busy or doesn't have time" she says and I nod

'Like that is ever happening' I thought and I took off my clothes and got in the stone tub, soaking in the warm water, they begin to wash me, washing all the dirt off the cells and they hay in my hair, while they wash me, I like play with the bubbles. Well, at least they won't judge me because I've seen many movies where the maids are loyal "Hey" I say to the leader that was washing my hair "Yes, my lady?" She answers "Tell me your name, please?" I ask in a sweet voice that kept fighting my coolness away. Jeez, dudes, I gotta stay cool so I don't get kicked out the cool club.

"My name is Lapis, my Lady" she answers "Lapis? I've always loved that name" I compliment and I see her blushing. After bathing, I felt fresh and clean, I got dressed in a white long dress that reached the ground. Ewww!!! I hate dresses!!!!
But I just wore it anyways because it's not like a have a choice, I didn't bring my suitcase because I didn't know I'd be dropping by in ancient Egypt. It as white, it reached the ground and had golden belt that's like a corset but you wear it on the top. They put me golden bracelets on my wrists and it was really cold on my skin at first but I got use to it since the heat was flowing in the curtains. I wore golden handles and they did my makeup, putting what they use Kohl using it as my eyeliner and something else I didn't take mind to as my lipstick.

After they got me ready, I folded my clothes and put it in my closet nicely with my phone. Closing my closet then I turned back to my chamber maids "Thank you" I thanked them and I didn't know what else to say "What else do I say now, Lapis?" I ask "You may dismissed us if you want to, my Lady" she bowed and I nodded "You are dismissed" I say and all of them bowed scurrying off "Wait.....and how do I find my way to breakfast?" I ask Lapis "The young general Akhim will lead you, my Lady" she bow and I nod as a handsome guard came in, dang! Is everyone handsome in Egypt?? "My lady, I have come to escort the Dining Hall" he says and I nod and I dismissed Lapis and she scurried off. I let Akhim lead me to the Dinning Hall and along the way, I see the halls are decorated in Egyptian decorations Luke the ones in history class. The halls are very huge and I bet anyone can easily get lost in here.

After some time, we arrived before large double doors that was guarded by a pair of guards, Akhim opened leading me inside there I saw Tutankhamun on the head seat with a girl on his left side, he smirked or smiled when he saw me, nah, it's more like smirked "My Pharaoh" Akhim addressed bowing and Tutankhamun nodded dismissing him then motioned for me to sit by his left side, I can't believe this is happening to me. I dragged my feet that wasn't noticeable to them and I almost almost tripped on the process.
GIVE ME S BREAK! I DON'T LIKE DRESSES!

Hopefully, it will all be over soon when I go home finally. I sat down and gave a fake smile "Catori, I'd like to introduce my sister, Ankhesenamun and my wife" he says and I'm confused. "Wait, what? You want to marry me but already have a wife?" I ask skeptically and he sent me a very stern glare as he ignored "Ankhesenamun, this is Lady Catori and she will be my second wife" he announced and from the looks she was giving me was not good at all. She looked at me up and down with distaste, her eyes were filled with mystery just like her brothers, yet hers were just different. I smiled softly at her and she gave me a cold glare.

'Drama Queen'

We had breakfast, ancient Egyptian breakfast. I thought I wasn't going to like it, needles to say, I very much did and it's awesome, I enjoyed every bit of it. After we were done breakfast, Ankhesenamun excused herself to god knows what when her brother kindly asked to give me a tour around the castle but she sent a cold unwelcoming glare to me and excused herself when I gave her the glare saying 'honey, if you don't want me here, I'm kind enough to leave happily'.

The double doors were heard banging as Tutankhamun sighed "Excuse my sister's behavior, Lady Catori" he says and I shrugged "I can take you on the tour around the castle tomorrow, if that is fine with you?" He asks me "I don't know, it depends if I'm on the right mood. May I be excused?" I asked and he sighs nodding then I stood up and went to my room.

There wasn't anything to do here do I decided to slack off and on my luck, I bumped into Akhim "Hey, dude can you call Lapis for me?" I ask and he bows then does so. Why is people treating me like this?
'It is probably because you're going to marry the Pharaoh, you stupid! So why consider going when you can stay and be filthy rich here!!!!' A voice yelled in my head and I rolled my eyes. I can't believe I'm rolling my eyes at myself, I'm going crazy.

I was looking for my room since the palace is way too big and i think I'm lost. I really need a tour. I bumped into Ankhesenamun on the way and she sent me a glare "Umm......." I say to ease thus awkward moment with another awkward moment. How I suck at life. "Listen here, you Whiny Peasant!" She spat with anger "Woah, calm down there tiger" I say and she looks at me skeptical before saying "know your place because you'll never be Queen and you'll never fit in with our people, ever. And you're certainly not fitting in my brother's heart as well" she says anger filled in her eyes "Ouch, I'm hurt" I say putting my hand on my chest "Know your place" she growled before pushing me out her way with her shoulder.

What's the matter with her?

After some time past, I got to my room and i saw Lapis there, waiting patiently "Oh, I'm sorry for keeping you" I apologized "No need, My lady" she said "is there anything I can help you with, my lady?" She asks "Yes please. I'm bored, I do have anything else to do" I rambled walking over to the window seat, by it I saw a book of wars, I took it "Will you please tell me the stories of ancient wars while braiding my hair?" I ask. I know, I like to keep things slick but sometimes I can be a big softy and when I'm bored, my mom would brush my hair while telling me stories, I cried a waterfall when she told me about Titanic "Sure, my lady"

She told me so many stories of past warriors and how her father went into battle and died fighting for the Pharaoh "I'm so sorry" I sympathize with her and she told me how many children were orphaned because of the wars. I wouldn't imagine my dad going into battle and never coming back so I ask "Where are the orphaned kids now?" I ask "They are in the orphan school, my lady. Most of their mothers abandoned them" she says with a sad voice brushing my hair "Am I allowed to leave the palace to visit them?" I ask "that is the decision of the Pharaoh, my Lady" she said.

Oh of course because no one disrespects the mighty Pharaoh. Half of me rolled my eyes but deep down in my heart, I felt so horrible for those children, my life us almost like theirs before I got adopted....

Poor little dudes....