27

~Ophelia's POV~

It took a few days, but Luke did stay true to his word. Since I never bothered to text him, he decided to take the first step and text me instead.

Late on Thursday night, I heard my phone vibrate against the floor as it laid next to my bed while I attempted to fall asleep. Frowning, I sat up in my bed and reached over to check my phone. Nobody really texted me except for Blade and Saniya, but never this late, as it was a little after eleven PM now and we still had school tomorrow.

To my surprise, it was from Luke, who I'd nearly forgotten I'd given my number to, and all it said was, "Come outside." Nothing else, just that. Naturally, I was really confused, popping up and sneakily peering through the blinds on my window. It took me a second, but I spotted Luke's large figure waiting down in the garden for me, just sitting by himself in the grass.

Taken aback, I just looked at him for a minute, wondering if he was being serious. What could he possibly want to see me for this late at night?

I let go of the blinds and stood up, stepping out of bed as I looked at myself in the mirror just to be sure that I looked okay. I didn't want him to see me if I looked like a bum. Luckily, though, my hair wasn't tangled or messy looking, and my light green nightgown didn't seem too short for me to go out to him in. Before I left my room, I spritzed on just a little bit of perfume and then I quietly made my way down the hall and out the front door, being as absolutely quiet as possible so as to not get caught. Mom was home, she was just sleeping, and I didn't need to wake her up.

Gently, I shut the front door behind me and poked my head around the edge of the porch, expecting to see Luke still sitting in the grass. However, the front yard was now empty and he was not seen anywhere. Now even more confused, I stepped out into the grass and glanced around, but still there was nobody to be seen. "Luke?" I called in a quiet voice, which still seemed much too loud in the silence of the night. Again, there was just no sign of him.

Right when I was about to head inside, thinking he had left already, I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist and a large body press up against me from behind.

Naturally, I opened my mouth to scream.

A hand clamped over my mouth, muffling my panicked noises as I struggled against the person. "Calm down, fuck's sake." I heard a familiar voice rasp into my ear, sounding amused. It was immediately obvious to me who had their arms around my waist. "It's only me." Luke murmured in a soothing voice, removing his hand from my mouth when I relaxed and stopped freaking out.

"You freaking scared me." I gasped, trying to pry his arm from my waist, though to no avail. He clearly had no intention of letting me go anytime soon.

"My bad, gorgeous." He hummed, not sounding all that sorry whatsoever. "But really, you must be even more innocent than I thought to just come out of the safety of your home so late at night just because a guy you hardly know told you to." He tsked, pinching my arm. I squealed and jerked in his arms, glancing up at him over my shoulder. "What is that supposed to mean?" I huffed at him, frowning.

Luke's plump lips tugged into a slight smirk. "You need me to spell it out for you?" He chuckled, shaking his head. "It obviously means you trust too easily. I mean, I could've done anything to you just now, if I really wanted to." He said simply.

I paused, realizing what he was saying now. "But we are friends. Is there some reason I shouldn't trust you?" I asked, looking up at him with furrowed brows. He stayed silent for a moment, like he was considering my question. "Have I done anything to earn your trust, either?" He retorted smartly, making me purse my lips and stare down at the grass. Was he saying that I couldn't trust him, after all? Why would he say these things?

"You came and kept me company in my garden even though it was late. You listened to me when I needed someone to talk about my dad to." I reminded quietly, frowning to myself. To me, those were reasons why I felt like I could trust him. Luke was a player, but it didn't seem like he was a complete jerk.

"Hm." Luke hummed back, processing my words. "I've also been nothing but a dick or a flirt since the day we met. You've been warned and you heard all the shit people say about me. Shouldn't you know better than anyone to be careful around me?" He asked, reluctantly pulling his arms from around my waist. I softly bit my lip and turned to face him, fighting a blush that I failed to hide. "I can trust you and still know how to be careful. That's what I've been doing." I responded, eyeing him closely.

At that, something lit up in his eyes and he smirked and stepped closer. "You're cute when I make you all feisty and yet vulnerable." He teased, making my face burn brighter as I stumbled over my feet to get away some more.

By now, I knew that Luke seemed to be attracted to me, but I was trying my best to never let him know it was the same for me as well. However, it seemed like he already knew judging by the way he grinned mischievously. "S-Stop!" I gasped as I peered up at him, so suddenly tripping over my feet that I fell right into the grass with a squeal of surprise. Shocked, I watched as he bit his lip playfully, staring down at me. "What am I gonna do with you, Ophelia?" He hummed, a smile on his pull lips. I couldn't help but to blush and shrugged feebly, watching as his body lowered down onto the grass, right next to mine. I could feel how warm he was, even if he wasn't touching me.

"Gorgeous," Luke murmured while I fiddled with my fingers. I hummed in acknowledgement and gasped as he grabbed my hip, my eyes widening as he pushed me down into the grass on my back. His blue eyes were dark and stormy with lust, making my stomach churn anxiously. "You drive me insane. I've never wanted to kiss a girl as much as I do you." He complained gruffly, my wide eyes staring as he crawled on top of me. "Can I?" He asked me suddenly, his chest heaving.

I gaped up at him and knew he could definitely see the color in my cheeks, maybe even hear the racing of my heart as he ducked his head down to gently kiss and suck at my neck. His lips focused on a weak point in my neck, sucking on it until I found my fingers trembling anxiously. "Yo-You have a girlfriend!" I squeaked, trying to focus my mind off of the feeling of him over me, his lips on my skin.

"And?" He murmured carelessly. "It's not like she's a loyal girlfriend to me. Why should I have to give her what she won't give me, hm?"

My chest rose and fell heavily as he nipped at the shell of my ear, his breathing even heavier than mine. I almost whined when he worked his way between my thighs, my legs winding around his body. "That's not true. Stella wouldn't. She likes you a lot." I protested weakly, only making him laugh. He didn't sound bitter or upset, but rather as though he found it actually funny. "Stella would and Stella has. I won't say this again; Stella loves the idea of taming me, of becoming the only girl I want." He almost growled out, lifting his head to look me in the eye. "How do you know?" I asked softly, curious.

"Pretty sure you don't fuck your boyfriend's friends when you "like him a lot," do you?" He said casually. I knew what he was saying but I wanted to hear it more direct.

"...You caught her cheating?" I asked softly, peering up at him. A gust of wind passed by and ruffled the soft strands of hair on his head, mussing it across his forehead a bit. "Mmhm." He hummed, not seeming like he cared at all. I guess he really had meant it when he told me that he didn't date these girls out of romantic feelings or care for them. That was proven just now.

"I'm sorry." I apologized softly, staring up at him as he looked me in the face. "She's an idiot." I added, making him chuckle. "Does that mean you're going to let me kiss you now?" He murmured, sounding both playful and completely serious.

"No, I'm not." I fought a smile. "Just because she's cheating doesn't mean you have to, too."