Ten.

I stepped into the elevator, I just finished my assignment and finally can go home. Staying here would be the last thing I want. Suddenly I realized that there was another person in the elevator. A tall man, black hair, he seems friendly.

"Miss, is everything alright, you seem upsad" he asked me, I looked up at him.

"No, not at all actually" I said. I told him what happened, it maybe sounds weird to tell stuff like this to a stranger, but for me I rather talk about it to a stranger than a friend.

"You look stressed, let me take you out for dinner, you are already dressed for it" he said smiling. It was already 6 pm, so dinner will be nice, and I am starving.

"Dinner sounds great, I am Madison" I said as the doors of the elevator opened.

"I am Michael" he said.

He took me to some fancy restaurant, it kind of made me feel uncomfortable, everything looked so expansive, even the people. But gladly the dress that I was wearing was good enough.

Dinner was so much fun, Michael is a really nice guy. Apparently he works for a magazine to, but in another town. He used to work here but after an accident he quitted. We walked out of the restaurant after Michael paid, I insisted on paying but he was faster. Suddenly he grabbed my hand, well I don't mind, but that can also be those 3 glasses of wine.

"I had a wonderful evening Madison" he said, I opened my mouth to respond until he placed his lips on mine. Wait this isn't right. I wanted to pull away but Michael already did, well he was pulled away, more like pushed. I looked at the person who pushed him and realised that it was Luke.

"Michael, what the fuck are you doing" he yelled at him.

"Kissing someone, what do you think that you are doing Luke, you can't just do stuff like that" Michael said, pushing against Luke his chest.

"Don't you ever touch her again, she is mine" Luke said taking a step closer to him. He is taller than Michael, he knows that if they get in a fight he will win.

"You don't own her and I don't think that she didn't like it" Michael said with a smirk. Luke punched him, against his cheek, making him tumble searching for balance, but he fell on the ground. I took a step towards them, but Luke was already kicking him in his stomach.

"You son of a bitch" he yelled, kicking him once again. I need to stop him.

"Luke stop it" I yelled, grabbing him arm, he turned towards me. I could smell that he has been drinking, he is probably drunk.

"You can't control my life anymore Luke" Michael said and punched him in his stomach. Luke took a step towards him, he looked as if he doesn't even got hit a second ago.

"As long as you think that-" Luke said, grabbing Michael's collar, but was stopped as Michael punched him in his face.

"Stop it you two" I yelled, finally they stopped. They both look terrible, cuts and scars, drops of blood on their clothes.

"I'm so sorry Michael" I said looking at him, I grabbed Luke's hand, "Luke and I have to go".

Before he could say anything, Luke walked away taking me with him. We didn't talk while we walked to his appartement, not until we where inside. He took me to the bathroom.

"Go sit on the counter" I said softly, he did as I said. I grabbed a towel and made it wet and slowly started to wipe away the blood on his face.

"I am sorry" he said, the smell of alcohol hitting my face.

"Please talk to me" he said, putting his hands on my waist pulling me between his leg. There was a small cut above his eyebrow, that will leave a scar, maybe a good memory for his stupid behaviour.

"I am stupid, I know that, I know that we fight a lot, I know that most of the time I am a douche, but I also know that I care about you and don't want you to get hurt" he said, his eyes showing regret, it feels like he is almost begging me for forgiveness. I laid the towel down and looked at him.

"It's alright" I said and hugged him, he placed his arms around me, pulling me even closer into him.

"Come, we need to get you to bed, you must be tired" I said and stepped away from him. He got off the counter and walked away, grabbing my hand, taking me with him.

He took off his shirt and pants and threw it somewhere in his room, leaving him in only his underwear. He got into bed and I kissed his forehead.

"Please stay here" he said. Well I could stay, but I don't wanna wake up home again and relive this whole day.

"Sure" I said, making a little smile appear on his lips. I took off my dress and got into bed with him. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck.

"Good night" I said, but there was no respond, only the sound of little snores leaving his mouth.