One.

As soon as I stepped out of the bus, little water drops fall out of the sky on top of my shirt, great does it really have to start raining when I get out of the bus this is going to ruining my hair, making me look like a clown. The sun was already starting to settle and the sky was getting darker. In front of me is this huge building, reaching high into the dark clouds. I took a deep breath and stepped into the building, walking straight towards the elevator not trying to catch anybody's attention.

Why am I here again, my best friend Harper works in this building. I don't even know what she does here, but she begged me to come with her tonight to her staff party. I'm going to aply for a job here tomorrow, while I still not know what the job actually is for. The doors opened and I stepped in, checking my appearance in the with mirrors covered walls. My long brown hair was curled, my blue shirt that's still a bit wet from the rain ouside and just a pair of black skinny jeans, the only expansive thing about my whole outfit are my black heels. The sounds of the elevator reaching the right level snapped me out of my thoughts and I stepped out of the elevator.

A woman walked towards me with a smile on her red lips, black hair and a skin pale enough to be part of a vampire movie. Her outfit is probably costs already more then my scholarship. The way she scanned my appearance with a look cold enough to freeze me.

"are you here for the party" she asked with a British accent trying to give me a friendly smile. Probably asking herself why somebody like me is standing in front of her. I nod and she looks at the paper in her hand.

"what's your name, miss" she asks me looking up from the paper, the smile gone from her face

"Johnson, Madison Johnson, my friend asked if I wanted-" I anser but get interrupted by her.

"Miss Johnson, you're on the list, let me guide you to the room" she said turning around walking away her heels echoing through the empty space quickly followed by mine trying to keep up with her. She stops infront of a door and turns towards me

"here you go, have a nice evening Miss Johnson" she said trying to smile again and opens the door for me as I walk in. People are talking with each other, music is playing in the back ground and everybody is dressed like they are going to meet the president or something and again I feel left out. I walk towards and empty table and take place on a chair, scanning the crowd of people trying to find Harper until my eyes meet a pair of ice blue ones.