Chapter 22

Brandon/Scott's POV
I left Monet's after talking to Jeff for about two hours. I actually learned a bit more from talking to him. But one thing that stood out was why did Zach convince Alex to come? Sure they're friends but it seems a bit suspicious. Alex isn't a party type of guy either so why'd he come. Was this Zach's way of distracting Alex? I need to find out more about Alex.

Based on Hannah's tapes, Alex doesn't seem like the worse guy ever. How can I get more information about Alex? I decided to talk to one person I know I can trust. Only problem is I don't know how much he knows about Alex.

Scott: Hey Charlie, can I ask you something?

Charlie: Sure what's up?

Scott: How much do you know about Alex Standall?

Charlie: Not too much, why?

Scott: I'm just wondering. He seems like a nice guy and I want to get to know him more.

Charlie: Oh well he's a pretty nice guy. He really cares about Zach and Jess. He used to be friends with Bryce until the tapes happened.

Charlie doesn't seem to know a lot about him then. If I asked anyone they can possibly say the same thing about him. I want to ask Zach but he might get mad at me and know that I was listening.

Monday

I was at lunch sitting at the usual table I sat at. I saw Bryce screaming at the football guys. He seems really mad but I couldn't really hear anything. From Bryce's expression, he looks really angry. I wonder what's all that about. Chloe has also been sitting with us, she seems to be getting close to Zach.

I think I'm going to try to get to science early to ask Charlie what's up with Bryce.

Science

I walked in and saw only Charlie sitting at the table. Good, Bryce and Monty are not here yet.

"Hey Charlie, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"I saw Bryce screaming at the whole table during lunch. What's up with that?" I asked him.

"Bryce was really pissed. Apparently during the Halloween party, someone stole his parents expensive vase. His mom was really mad at him and lectured him all weekend so he was annoyed. He's trying to figure out who stole the vase."

Someone at that party is a theif? Geez that can't be good. I wonder if they called the cops yet. Who would be capable of stealing a vase? I'm sure that vase was really expensive since Bryce is crazy rich. But how would someone bring a vase outside without anyone noticing?

Bryce and Monty walked in and Bryce still seems like he's in a bad mood.

"Bryce, are you ok man?" I asked him.

"No, someone fucking stole my parents vase and I don't fucking know who. Everyone at that party is a suspect but there was so many people. Did you see anything Scott?"

"No, I didn't even know your vase was missing till now."

"Also, my mom told me someone came over yesterday. The person she described was you, said you left something is that true?" Bryce asked me.

"Yeah, I just left my phone. Must've dropped it without realizing."

Bryce seemed a bit suspicious but then our teacher walked in and he seemed to forget about it.

At night

I think I'm going to ask Zach about it tomorrow. Even if he hates me for it, I need to know what Alex did. It's killing me thinking Alex is a possible murder suspect.

If Alex really is a murderer and Zach is helping him cover it up, I wonder if anyone else knows about this. Clay and the others seem to trust each other with their secrets especially after Hannah's tapes. If they all know one should've probably spilled the truth to someone. But then again, they're all really good at keeping secrets. So probably Alex's secret is not a big deal for them.