Chapter 18

Brandon/Scott's POV
It has been about two weeks since the incident at homecoming. No one still knew who shot Zach. Most people were still terrified from what happened and were glad they weren't the victim. Zach couldn't play football anymore because of his leg. But there was only three weeks left before football season is over. Nothing else really happened since that night.

I've been going to Liberty for about a month now. My relationship with Jeff, Zach, Charlie, and the other football guys have increased. I haven't really been able to get close to anyone else but Jeff's group of friends still include me. Clay still seems like he hates me, that hasn't changed. I still don't know what happened between Chloe and Bryce but she asked to switch seats with me permanently so I haven't been talking to Sheri either.

I am still no where close to finding who killed my brother. We finally got a trial date, it's pushed back pretty far so that's good for me. It's only October 28 now. My brother's trial date is April 16. That gives me about six months to find proof for my brother's innocence. If he's found innocence that day then there will be another trial for the judge deciding on his punishment. I heard courts been pretty busy which is why my brother's trial date is so late.

Since Halloween is in three days, Bryce decided to host a Halloween party for the whole school. Good thing Halloween is on a Saturday this year. I already said I would go hoping I can actually find something good this time. Bryce is forcing everyone to actually wear a costume. I don't even know what to wear yet but I'm thinking of something simple.

I felt someone tugging me. I looked to my left and saw it was Charlie.

"What?" I asked him quietly.

He pointed his head towards our science teacher. Slowly I looked at her forgetting I'm still in her class.

"Scott!" My teacher shouted.

Shit I've been zoning out for too long.

"Are you listening to me?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes. I want you to answer this question but clearly your mind in somewhere else." My teacher said sounding disappointted.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"Care to explain what you were in deep thoughts about?" She asked me.

"There's just a lot of things going on in my life. It won't happen again." I guaranteed her.

"It better not. Now who can answer this question?" She asked the rest of the class.

"What happened Scott?" Charlie asked me sounding concerned.

"I was bored as fuck so I started to zone out. Don't worry about me." I told him. It is true though. I am bored.

"Scotty must be thinking of some girl." Monty said chuckling with a smirk.

Bryce joined him in chuckling. I just smiled at his joke.

I looked to my right and saw Sheri looking at me. She looked away really quickly when she noticed I saw her. Wonder what's that about. The rest of the class was boring. Nothing too interesting happened at football practice either.

Friday after school

It was the day before Bryce's Halloween party and I still have no clue what to wear. I got a text from the guys telling me to bring beer again since I did an amazing job at bringing it last time. I told them I would but I wasn't planning on getting as much as last time. I decided to text Charlie and Jeff to ask them what they were going to wear. Yes I finally asked Jeff for his number, I actually got it a while ago.

Scott: Hey Charlie, did you pick out a costume for Bryce's party yet?

He answered me fifteen minutes later.

Charlie: Yeah, I'm doing a group costume with Monty, Bryce, and Zach. We're all going to wear christmas outfits. You got a costume yet?

Scott: No, I have no clue what to do.

Charlie: Just look through your closet. You can probably make up a random closet through the clothes you already have.

Scott: That's a good idea. Thanks Charlie!

I spent ten minutes looking through my closet and I still have no idea yet. So I decided to ask Jeff on what he's wearing.

Scott: Hey Jeff, what are you wearing to the party tomorrow?

Jeff: I'm going for a more scary look so I'm going to put fake blood on my face. What about you?

Scott: I'm still looking for a costume. I'm trying to look through my closet to see if there's anything I can transform into one.

Jeff: You played baseball in your old school right?

Scott: Yeah.

Jeff: What position?

Scott: I was mainly the catcher.

Jeff: Do you still have the uniform?

Scott: Yeah.

Jeff: You should make that your costume.

Scott: Thats actually a pretty good idea. Thanks Jeff!

So I ended up taking Jeff's advice and looked through my closet until I finally found my old uniform and catcher's gear. Luckily it still fits from two years ago.