Chapter 10

Brandon/Scott's POV
I got home after football practice was over. It felt like the longest week ever even though I only had three days of school. How am I going to survive what's possibly the whole year?

After football practice, Diego asked for my number to text me the address of the party. He also wanted to add me in the football group chat.

Ten minutes later I got a text on my phone.

Random number: Hey it's Diego. The address of the party is ..... and it's going to start at 8. Make sure to get here on time.

Scott: I will. Need me to bring anything?

Diego: If you can bring a few packs of beer bottles.

Fuck. There's going to be a lot of drinking. I just have to stay away from the drinks as much as I can. Or at least I just can't get drunk.

Scott: Got you bro.

Diego: Sweet, see you at the party!

At least getting beer will be easy for me since I turned 21 last month. I've decided to take a shower and get started on a book report I have due next week. Fuck English homework. I know I don't really have to do it but I rather not get suspended. Plus, who says I have to try on this report. I can just guess and probably get a 40 the lowest. These grades are going to go no where so who cares.

I was a pretty smart student when I was in high school though. I may sound like I used to be a slacker but I actually wasn't. I was one of the top smartest kids in my grade. I spent most of my days studying so I got the grade I earned. I was happy that I didn't have to do any studying anymore since the day I graduated because it was so stressful.

A few minutes later I got another text on my phone

Diego has added you to "Liberty Football" group chat

I got what seemed like millions of texts after that

Random number: Yo what's up Scott?

Random number: Ayyy, the new cornerback of our team.

Random number: Scotty! Good to see you.

Random number: Sup Reed.

Random number: Welcome to the party!

Diego: Guys lets chill. Maybe you should all introduce yourselves so he actually knows who you are.

I assume that person who called me Scotty is probably Monty. So far he's the only person I know that calls me that.

Random number: Zach Dempsey

Random number: Charlie St. George

Random number: Monty de la Cruz

Random number: Luke Holliday

Random number: Bryce Walker

At least I now have six numbers of students from Liberty. I've been talking to Jeff for a while but I still don't have his number for some reason. I should really ask for it. My phone went off a few more times. I decided to read the texts and answer to some since I figured some were still talking to me.

Monty: Scotty, are you coming to the party tomorrow?

Scott: Yeah.

Diego: Scott here is going to bring us beer!

Luke: Fucking awesome dude! Make sure to bring a lot.

Monty: No ones leaving till everyone's drunk!

Fuck, I can't get too drunk. From what I've seen, drunk people always accidently says a secret without knowing. If I get drunk and say that I'm there just to find the truth on Skye's murder then I'm fucked.

I've scrolled through some past texts and it seemed like the football guys text in here like crazy. I've been scrolling forever and I only made it to last nights texts.

I decided to just put the group chat on mute then started on my book report for the rest of the afternoon.