Chapter 3

Brandon's POV
After hours of thinking, I've finally had an idea of how I'm going to prove my brother's innocent. It's a risky and possibly illegal idea but I have to try it. I have to pretend to be a new student at Liberty High. I need to get into that friend group from the kids on the tapes. I have a feeling they might know something about Skye's murderer. From what Justin told me, most drama that happens revolves around that group. My dad is friends with a really good hacker so I need to ask him if he can enroll me into the school's system. Of course, I need to change my name, no one can know I'm related to Justin. I don't know what name yet but I'll figure that out later.

I decided to tell my parents the plan I came up with. They didn't agree at first but after a while of convincing, they finally gave in. They really didn't want my brother executed as well. My dad talked to his hacker friend and he agreed. I would have to meet up with him to go over everything I want in my files.

Next day

I'm finally meeting up with my dad's hacker friend today. It's only October so it should be pretty easy to enroll in the school.

"Hi, you must be Brandon. I'm Rick."

"Hello Rick, so your able to help me?" I asked him.

"Yes, your dad told me everything. It's kind of illegal but I've done worst things before. You just need a fake ID and papers from your "old school" right?"

"Yes."

"Alright so I've got started on it already. I put down a different school from Illinois. I gave you really good grades. All that's missing is your name, grade and if you want to do any extra curricular activities." Rick said.

"I think I'll go with the name Scott Reed. I'll be a junior. I like football and baseball so I'm going to probably try out for it." I told him.

"Ok, so I'll make that your name and I'll put that you've played football and baseball in your old school before. Done, I've obviously sent your papers to the school. Give me a minute and it should print out. You should be able to start tomorrow."

"Awesome! Thanks Rick."

I went home after that with all the paper work Rick gave me. He also made sure there was at least one person on the tapes in a class with me. That will give me an easier chance to become friends with them. I don't have my schedule yet but they should give me the same one Rick made tomorrow. Apparently football season at Liberty starts in fall so I can ask the coach to try out right away. Justin told me there were three guys on the tapes that are in the football team. Zach Dempsey, Justin Foley, and Bryce Walker, the rapist. He also told me the name of this other guy who wasn't on the tapes but he's as bad as Bryce. His name is Montgomery de la Cruz. Three other guys on the football team that interacts with them are Charlie George, Luke Holliday, and Diego Torres. The other guys on the team doesn't really matter.

I haven't played football in a while so I'm kind of nervous for tryouts. I've actually never been on a football team before, I only used to pass the ball around with Justin. Baseball wasn't a lie, I've actually played it ever since I started in middle school. Too bad baseball season starts in the spring. As much as I love baseball, I rather not stay in that school for too long. The longer I stay the worse it gets for Justin. I just hope he'll be ok in prison by himself for now.