Chapter 17

Oralie's P.O.V.

Oralie walked in with the rest of the Council and took her seat. Her pink seat. Emery took his seat, and others followed suit. Sophie took her seat, then the rest of Team Valient.

"Today we are gathered to witness the Tribunals for Luzia Vacker, Vespera, and Alvar Vacker. Bring in the accused!" They brought in Luzia, Alvar, and Vespera. "We shall do Luzia's first. Guards, please keep the others away."

She watched everything, how Biana's eyes welled up with tears, and then determination and resolve, how Sophie sat proud and regal on her throne, how her fellow Councillors looked tired, wistful like they had been fighting through storms and battles, and how the Vackers stood proudly, with scowls on their faces at the wavering trust and disgrace their well-earned family respect was suffering.

I don't know what to do, Emery transmitted to everyone, but Sophie. She probably had to read his mind, since Mr. Forkle gave her an impenetrable mind, and she is the greatest telepath.

Neither do I, Bronte said, transmitted by Emery to everyone.

This is a tricky dilemma. Should we exile her? Alina asked. Almost, but not quite unanimously, this was voted no.

Well, Sophie transmitted, we should give her a limited term of a sentence in Lumenaria, then let her go. We could also organise diplomatic escorts to negotiate with Empress Pernille, and then have another Peace Agreement. It wasn't her fault, after all, that the trolls decided to experiment. She didn't know what the empress wanted when she agreed to the alliance.

She focused as Emery transmitted to the rest of the Council, and everyone but Clarette, Noland, and Alina voted in favour.

Maybe we can ask her to help with illusions afterwards, too. It'll be way better than letting Vespera help, Terik added.

Okay, Emery said, This matter is settled.

Maybe we can ask her to help with illusions afterwards, too. It'll be way better than letting Vespera help.

Outloud, he declared, "We have come up with a suitable sentence, and it is not unanimous but has still been voted. Luzia Vacker is to remain at Lumenaria for a sentence of 4 years, and then released, and maybe help us further with illusions. We will also be sending emissaries to negotiate with Empress Pernille as well as the other rulers."

"The matter of Vespera and Alvar has already been decided. Vespera and Alvar will be exiled, and this was unanimous."

She was so proud of her for the idea, her leadership, and everything really, but then again, Sophie didn't necessarily want her to be.

She knew she had no right to call herself Sophie's mother. She just wished that she had a little part in her life. Not for the fame, but simply so she could have a child to watch and love, although, she didn't deserve Sophie, not after how she had reacted when Sophie confronted Oralie about being her biological mother. She wasn't expecting Sophie to figure it out, and it's proven time and time again not to underestimate Lady Sophie Foster.

Written by Izcana ------------------