4

"So that's how you became an inhuman" I realised. Hive explained to me, he must have suffered, it sounded painful.

"Myself and many others" He explained, "Put through a kree experiment thousands of years ago, these first inhumans, they were your ancestors" I nodded to his words, I was dazzled by him.

"Your ancestors started Hydra" He turned to face the three humans that were in the hangar, with us and doctor Radcliffe, "You fought to bring me back, you're the only faithful to avoid being capture after Gideon Malick's betrayal" He looked at me when he named the former head of Hydra, he did because I had killed him, he focused again on the dressed up volunteers "Well, the time has come to your reward" We would recreate the kree experiment with the humans, to let them have an opportunity to share a part of the new world we would create, we would turn them into inhumans, and maybe my friends in S.H.I.E.L.D would be able to join us and finally understand what we were planning.

"This town represents the worst of humanity" I walked with Hive down an empty street of an empty town, he'd hired some security to keep the town safe and allert from intruders, "Allowing the greed of a few destroy the needs of many"

"Sometimes it's hard to join forces" I said while looking at him, "You need a good leader" I was drawn to him instinctively, as magnets drawn to each other. I felt safe with him, and I wouldn't let anything, or anyone to keep me from him.

"Like Coulson?" He stopped and looked at me with interest, the question didn't have a hidden meaning, it was plain curiosity.

"He was the reason why I joined S.H.I.E.L.D" I answered.

"S.H.I.E.L.D is no better than HYDRA, or those kree reapers, they're all making soldiers for their never ending wars" He explained to me.

"My friends at S.H.I.E.L.D wanted to stop wars, not start them" I defended them.

"By building giant battleships floating in the sky?" He stated calmly, I got his point, "The only reason that S.H.I.E.L.D exists is to fight wars"

"But, isn't that why we exist?" I was now trying to understand, "I mean, that's what the kree reapers were trying to make, right? Soldiers"

"Which was not what I became" He mumbled, he looked thoughtful.

"Sometimes the world greatest miracles happen by accident" I praised.

He grinned at me and then we kept walking towards the hangar.

"People saw the connection I had with other inhumans and it made them afraid, that fear brought paranoia, which led to civil war" He explained, and it was exactly what was happening now, S.H.I.E.L.D didn't understand what we wanted to do, they were afraid of inhumans getting together because they were afraid of them rising up and fighting for their rights, they were afraid because they knew they wouldn't be able to stop it.

"Not much has changed really" I stated.

"You know..." He stopped walking and looked at me, he grabbed my arm slowly. "Usually, I can control what I feel, not with you. I can't seem to figure it out" He stated. My eyes shined when they met his.

I felt as if I could see past him, it was standing in front of Grant once again.

"But you're not Ward" I said quietly, came out as a breath.

"I know I'm not, that's why I'm confused. You know, this is the first time in a while I've wanted something for myself. And that's you" He revealed.

I stared at him, there was no need for words at that moment, so I just stared at his eyes.

"We better keep going, Doctor Radcliffe must be waiting for us" He changed the subject as he always did, leaving me shocked. I knew we shared a connection, but I wasn't sure if he felt that way with all the inhumans.