"Take out is fine. You must be tired too, Harry. Unless you want me to cook something but I must warn you I'm an awful cook," 

Amelia grins at me, instantly calming down the nerves that were taking over me earlier. 

"Oh hush, I'm sure you're not that awful," I tell her, although come to think of it I can't really recall a time where she did cook for us. I'm sure she must have at some point though but maybe I'm mistaken. 

"I am," she tells me. "But I've been looking up recipes to try so that I can practice. I want to cook for us more frequently. It's not fair that you always do it," 

"I don't mind. I like taking care of us, plus I'm quite handy in the kitchen. I used to be a baker you know," I cheekily add, causing her to roll her eyes at me. Our interaction reminds me of the first time I told her that line in California. 

"Gemma told me you worked the cashier," she mutters, a smile tugging on her lips. 

I scowl. Of course Gemma would ruin this small moment for me. 

"Just let me have this," I complain. 

"Okay, darling," she whispers. 

It only takes a minute or so for the plane to fully pull into the terminal and when it does Amelia and I are quick to stand up and gather our personal belongings. Part of me feels guilty for the special attention we receive as we are escorted off the plane first but I have to push the thoughts out of my head. It's not done for any other reason than security measures. 

I adjust my bag slung over my shoulder and take Amelia's hand in my free one. I make a mental note to not let go of her regardless of how many paparazzi are here. I was stupid to have let go the last time we both came here and sometimes our fight appears in my nightmares. I knew why I did what I did but my response to hers was unwarranted. The fact that I actually told her our relationship 'isn't important to tell every single person' bothers me beyond belief. It has for months. 

It doesn't take terribly long for Amelia and I to rendezvous with the security guards and airport employees who have our luggage. I grip her hand tightly in mine as we maneuver through the airport and to our car outside. Paparazzi blinds us with pictures and I make it a point to never leave Amelia's side. I feel her tense slightly from all the attention but I know my touch comforts her. 

Once the two of us settle into the car, our driver peels out of the airport terminal and we begin our trek home. Surprisingly the whole ride doesn't take long, and we even manage to stop at Nando's for a quick bite to eat. 

I'm relieved to finally see my London home. I was here not too long ago but it feels better now that Amelia is with me. Part of me wants to ask her to move in with me here too but I know that's pushing it. I'll probably wait a while before bringing the subject up. 

Amelia and I are quiet from exhaustion as we make our way inside and up to my bedroom. The both of us immediately lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling while we refuse to move. Today was much longer than it should have been, even though technically we lost time with the time difference. I still feel exhausted although my mind continues to race with unwanted thoughts. 

"Amelia?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. 

"Hmm?"

"Do you believe in soulmates?" 

I instantly regret the words that tumble out of my lips. I don't know why I felt the need to ask that. I suppose my thoughts about it from earlier on the plane have temporarily taken over. That mixed with fatigue is a terrible combination.

"I don't know," Amelia responds, quietly. "I never used to," 

My heart rate picks up at her words. She never used to. Did something change her perspective? Am I that something?

"What about now?" I nervously ask. 

I don't know why I'm so anxious. I think maybe it's because I'm essentially asking if I am the reason her perception on soulmates changed. Do I even believe in them though? I think so. I never really thought of it prior to Amelia but I'd like to think that they exist. 

"I'm not entirely against them now," she hesitantly answers. "I don't know. I used to be so scared of love. I didn't want to fall for someone and then wake up one day and realize that I didn't feel the same. I also didn't want it to happen the other way around. The thought of soulmates never even crossed my mind for the longest time,"

She sighs and I find myself turning on my side so I can face her. 

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that although I used to feel that way...things change. The idea of soulmates existing doesn't seem impossible to me anymore," she continues. "It took a while for me to love again," 

My heart practically stops at her confession. Although she hasn't outright told me I'm the one who made her love again, I secretly know I am. I knew that she was scared of love when I was just starting to get to know her and the fact that we have reached such a vulnerable and intimate part of our relationship tells me that I definitely am the one that changed her perception on everything.

"I believe in them," I tell her, softly. She mimics my position and also falls to her side, her eyes now boring into mine. "I used to think it was a bunch of shit until recently," 

"Really?" she whispers. 

"Yeah. I guess growing up with divorced parents didn't help but I dunno. Lately I've been thinking that maybe it's not such a load of bollocks after all," 

Amelia doesn't respond but rather she takes one of her hands and places it gently on my cheek. I wish I knew what she was thinking as we continue to stare at each other. I'd like to imagine that we are both reminiscing on our love for each other. It seems fairly plausible that that could be it. 

I finally shift my body closer to her so that our noses are barely touching. Placing a hand on her waist, I pull her towards me slightly and press my lips to hers. It's not frantic or feverish, but rather it's emotional.

Yeah, I definitely believe in soulmates. 

...

So I figured since I have a decent amount of readers now I would do a Q&A thing lol if there's anything you'd like to know about me or my books, please comment and I'll answer them within the next update or two :) Figured it might be fun to do