"Please." The doctor took a seat at the kitchen table, despite there being little space.

"You too, Sherlock?"

"Still finishing my first."

"Okie doki." She popped the kettle on and then turned to face the two men, "I'm sensing a really awkward and/or tense atmosphere at the moment. Why?"

"Just anxious as yourself, I guess, to find out what Mycroft has to say." John answered.

"Yes. What John said." Sherlock agreed.

Of course it was a lie.

Elizabeth frowned, not really believing what they were saying, "If it's about yester - "

The shrill ringing of the doorbell dragged her attention away. The men were saved by the bell, quite literally. Mrs Hudson could be heard letting Mycroft in and the older Holmes soon appeared in 221B.

"John, Brother, Miss Parrish." He greeted as the kettle finished boiling.

"Mycroft." Sherlock stood, "Perhaps we should sit in the living room?"

Looking at all the clutter on the table, Mycroft nodded, "Yes, I think that would be best."

Minutes later, the four of them were sat down together, with Elizabeth sat in John's seat, which he had so kindly offered to her, and John and Mycroft sat in kitchen chairs both facing the other.

Mycroft picked up the briefcase he had placed next to the chair and rested it on his lap. As he opened the case he spoke:

"I won't beat around the bush - what do you know about Charles Armistead?"

"I don't do politics." Elizabeth answered dismissively.

"He's not a politician. Mr Armistead works with finances and we have been given reason to suspect him of embezzlement. It is believed that he is helping several others within the government siphon money and is transferring it to an offshore bank account."

"Ooo, white-collar crime. I thought you didn't investigate that kind of stuff."

"We're not. Not officially."

"Ah, I'm a secret weapon." She nodded, playing with her ring as she said, "Let me guess, if I get caught, you'll pretend you don't know me."

"Yes, Miss Parrish, that is exactly what will happen and exactly why I believe you and your accomplice won't get caught."

"Accomplice?"

"Yes. An agent will be assigned to you also."

"Why do I need them?"

"To ensure you don't try anything."

"Forgodsake..." She slumped in John's chair, sharing a mildly annoyed look with Sherlock.

"I will require you to retrieve solid evidence about these offshore accounts and the people involved."

"Easy. I could do it tonight if you really wanted unless 'my accomplice' isn't available."

"Mr Armistead lives in a manor, not too dissimilar to my own, however, he is paranoid and has far more security than I. On the 22nd of September, he is having a party to celebrate his 40th birthday. I will be in attendance, as will many others, and therefore I believe it is an easier way in than the alternative."

Elizabeth looked at him blankly, "So undercover, get into his office or where ever he may keep said information, get said information and then I'm done?"

"No, there will be future operations we may require your assistance with."

Elizabeth sighed, "What if I don't like my accomplice? Who are they?"