Chapter 53

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!🎉🎉🎉

2 CHAPTERS FOR MY FAVOURITE HUMANSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you start the chapters, I'd just like to say two things for those who want Damon and Will to have sex quickly and for those who may feel the book is dragging on.

- Damon and Will haven't had sex so far because Damon doesn't want to mark him when Will isn't 100% sure he will stay in the pack for the rest of his life.

He's just being safe, but his waiting for so long to complete the mating is what brought on the heat - something to kind of force the action along.

- If the book feels like it's dragging along, I'm sorry, I can't do anything about that. My books no longer focus on smut so much, it's more so on the characters' development and for Will, it has been taking longer cause he's traumatized from his past.

People who experience trauma react, after the fact, in different ways and many can't even talk about it for their entire lives. To expect Will to shed everything in one go because he loves Damon really isn't realistic, at least for Will's character.

So I'm sorry if you're craving them to have sex, it will happen soon and if you want to know what happens to Will, his side of the story follows after the heat so just be patient.

Alright, that's enough of that.

Enjoy the double update and the smut❤

----------‐-----

Damon's P.O.V

"I want to come with you," Will whines as he follows me from the bedroom, his fingers clenching tightly around the end of my shirt. "Please, Damon."

"Will, we've talked about this," I say upon a sigh as I walk into the kitchen and place my empty cup of coffee in the sink. I turn and look down at my mate, placing my hands on his shoulders to calm him. "I'll be back within the hour, I just need to sort a few things out before we're locked in here for the coming two weeks or however long the heat decides to last."

"I can come with you," Will presses as he wraps his arms around me in an attempt of trapping me in the form of a hug. "Then we can both come back within the hour."

With another helpless sigh, I wrap my arms around him as well and rub his back gently, hoping the close contact would help ease his nerves and calm his mind even just a little. Will had been admittedly more needy as the heat grew closer, but this morning was the worst of it with him following me everywhere I went. 

That meant only one thing, the heat would start today where it's full effect would hit us at any minute.

I didn't want to part from Will either, but there were still a few last-minute things I needed to get before we were stuck in the suite together trying to ride out or first heat together, and taking Will out of the suite in this state was not an option. 

I'd originally suspected that the effects of the heat would hit me the hardest, but as it got closer and closer, it was Will who was seeking more physical contact and Theo who was talking less in favour of more guttural noises.

I could only pray I was wrong but it seemed like this heat would be two against one.

"You can't smell your scent but it's really strong Will," I explain gently as I breathe through my mouth, trying to filter out some of Will's alluring scent as best as I could. "If you're out there in the pack, it will attract unmated wolves and the last thing we need is me killing someone for touching you."