Chapter 20

Damon's P.O.V

"I'll see you tomorrow Blue." Will calls to his boss as he and Sassy come out of the store.

Will doesn't hesitate for a single moment and comes rushing straight to me. He jumps into my open arms to give me a kiss, wrapping his arms around my neck as I hold him close.

I smile against his lips as he caresses my face with his hands, his fingers were gentle as always prompting waves of euphoria to come tumbling through me as I lean into him.

Will holds my face close as he breaks our kiss, his eyes dart between my own and his, pecking my lips with a grin that made cemented, unexplored emotions shift from deep within me as Theo cheered happily.

I set Will down, only releasing him when his feet were safely planted to the floor. I take his bag from his shoulders despite his useless protests, swinging it over my shoulder before slipping my fingers between his.

"How was your day?" I ask looking down to look at his beaming face as we begin walking.

My chest flutters at his unbidden showcase of joy, his eyes light up bright enough to compliment his gorgeous smile.

He seemed truly happy, lately, he's been so happy.

"It was really good until these fucking assholes came in and knocked down some shelves fooling around," Will explains while rolling his eyes. "It's not the first time either, but this time Sassy was there and she blocked the front door and went all... well Sassy on them. It was amazing because she wouldn't let them leave until they fixed it."

I glance down at the dog in question just in time to find her looking up at me with a look that said she thought she was fucking amazing and knew it.
I don't give the animal any attention or praise and redirect my attention to my dazzling mate who was basically skipping.

Can we get any gayer than this?

"Then Blue gave me a ton of old records he had in his house that he claims make his ears bleed now." Will continues as we come to a crossing, an easy laugh escaping him as he looked up at me while I checked the street before tugging him forward. "I think he's just awkward with gifts and didn't know how to say he wanted me to have them."

"This Blue seems to really like you," I say slowly as I look at him, eyes narrowing as Theo whines.

Will talked about Blue a lot, talked about his boss like he was the greatest thing on the planet which, yeah, was nice, but it also made me feel uneasy.

His adoration for the guy was a horrible reminder that Will could do a lot better than me, literally anyone else would be a step up from the fucked up shit that was engrained in me. Not to mention, he could move on without a problem, he was a human after all.

I swear every day I hate the species a little more.

Will glances up at me, his eyes narrowing as well as he studies me with intimidating focus. His lips quirk from side to side before they stretch into a doubtful smile as he pulls me to face him, stopping us from walking any further. He wraps his arms around my waist and places his chin on my chest, looking up at me with a deep frown.

"Damon Calderon," He begins quizzically, "Are you jealous?"

Was I jealous?

Jealousy was when you wanted something some else had right?

It did suck to hear him so happy about another man, made me angry and sad in a mixture I'd never felt before.

It wasn't like the one that sent me mad with the urge to rip someone's throat out, no this one was different.