Chapter 47

Picture of Damon up above🤤🤤🤤(in my head, he doesn't have the stash)

Someone requested a collage of all the tattoos I envision for Damon's character, I plan to make it and post it in my notebook - let me know if it's something that interests you guys❤

----------

Damon's P.O.V

When I open my eyes, I'm greeted by the early morning's light that pours in from the small opening between the closed curtains that Will left purposefully every night.

Today the room was coated in a soft pink that I'm sure the sky mirrored, one that made the still space appear slightly more whimsical than usual. 

Closing my eyes, I inhale Will's scent deeply, letting myself enjoy that intoxicating mix of cranberries and honeysuckle that had a joyous hum escaping me. Will shifts slightly from behind me, his smaller frame cuddled my larger one from behind, immersing me in his warmth and love.

I bring the hand Will had on my chest to my lips and press a kiss to the inside of it before I reluctantly pull myself away from his arms and settle on the edge of the bed.

Will makes disgruntled noises against the sheets in what either could've been an attempt at 'good morning' or an appeal for me to return to bed. It didn't matter which it was because before I could even begin a response, my mate had already rolled over and fallen back to sleep.

Chuckling gently to myself, I pick up my shirt from off the ground and tug it on before I stand and do the same with my sweats. I lift the covers back over Will and press another kiss to his shoulder before I head to the bathroom to make a start to my day.

Silently, I brush my teeth before dousing my face with ice-cold water that made me curse but it did its job to erase all my drowsiness. In the living room, I find Blaze still sleeping under the couch while Sassy sat patiently at the door with her usual air of displeasure and disgust when I came into view.

"Yeah, fuck you too," I say over a yawn while I full the small kettle with water to boil.

Leaving that to take care of itself, I grab an apple and rinse it quickly before I get the keys and open the door for the ungrateful bitch. Closing it gently behind us, Sassy and I make our way out of the old packhouse and a little way into the forest, without so much as a glance at each other.

I turn before she could send me a glare that demanded privacy and took a few steps away from her. Biting into my apple, I watch blankly as the pack slowly begins to wake up, wolves and witches were making their way through the streets in the direction of whatever their days had in store for them.

I watch them as I do every morning, indulging in the habit I'd formed without knowing, noting to myself how some looked excited, others sad, some angry and almost all, tired. Our pack was very big, with too many members to count and I'd never made the effort to truly try and get know as many of them as I could before last year. 

Now, I couldn't help myself from noting the visible emotions of each that passed, while my mind thought of the ones that weren't so obvious.

Sassy steps into the space beside me, looking up at me briefly to let me know she was done. "I should leave you out here, see if you last the night." I say to her before I take the finishing bite of my apple. 

She growls at me, flashing her canines at me so I do the same but it didn't scare her as it first did. She knew by now that her owner's boyfriend was not human-like him and I think that somehow only made her hate me more.

We make our way back to the suite where Sassy finds her bed immediately, giving her the finger I fill refill her water bowl and pour some food into her other before doing the same with Blaze's. With the pets taken care of, I make myself a large cup of coffee and head back to my sleeping mate.