3

The Food

➖The Food➖

After the ceremony everyone at the funeral went out in the back, where there were tables and food sprawled our for everyone to indulge themselves in.

Natasha didn't know why they were serving cake like it was someone's birthday, it was the opposite. Though she wasn't opposed to it, knowing if they had ice-cream cake she'd gladly eat that.

Hearing her dad's frustrated grunts made her turn her head towards him. Elizabeth laughed from her side as she watched their father get annoyed with his phone.

Natasha sighed and walked towards him, the Feder twins taking her place beside Elizabeth as they watched her speak with her father.

"What's wrong dad?" Marcus didn't look up as he tried to clear all of the Notifications from his phone only to slide over to the camera over and over again. "I just want to show them your guy's baby photos!"

'Well mostly Elizabeth's photos but sure, word it that way' She thought before leaning down a little and swiping the notifications away. "How?" Marcus muttered at he stared at his daughter in disbelief.

Natasha shrugged. "I'm just that good," before walking away, only to turn her head, "You're not going to get anywhere frustrated, try to calm down next time." To which he nodded at her advice and turned to show his buddies their baby photos.

Ethan smirked before trying to walk towards their father, as Natasha stood next to Grayson. "I wanna see the photos."

Elizabeth laughed while standing in front of him, her hand on his chest as she pushes him back, "Yeah, no."

Grayson let out a small chuckle before taking a step forward, "I wanna see those too. That okay with you, hun?" Natasha looked up, feeling his gaze on her. "Sure." She nodded.

Grayson turned to his brother and Elizabeth confused. "She doesn't have that many baby photos. Being the youngest out of her mothers side they didn't really care to take photos of her, plus her dad didn't get custody of her till she already matured." The brothers saw the look in the girls face to know not to question it further.

Elizabeth grabbed Ethan by the hand and dragged him away. Leaving Natasha and Grayson alone. Natasha wanted to scream for being alone with him, not because she didn't want to, but because the minute things get awkward which will happen quickly, is the minute he'll loose interest in her.

She quickly pulled The five dollar bill and handed it out to him, making him look down at it, but not take it. "I said you could keep it."

"Yeah well I'm bad at accepting gifts and such so, take it back please?" Grayson hesitated, though when he saw the look in her eyes he sighed and gently grabbed the money from her hands. Natasha shot him a gleaming smile, almost like it was instinct to make him happy.

Said girl walked towards a table, only to have someone attached to her leg once again. Looking down she saw the chubby and adorable cheeks that belong to Becky. "Hi Sasha!" Natasha furrowed her eyebrows, "Sasha?"

Becky nodded at she hugged her leg tighter, "Natasha, I don't know how you spell it but the ending sounds like Sasha and I wanted a unique nickname for you!" Natasha nodded, "It Uh, it sounds nice." Grayson chuckled as he stood behind the two, "If she gets to give you a nickname can I give you one?"

Grayson watched as 'Sasha' shook her head, "No."

"Why?"

"Because I have a short name, kind of hard to make more than two out of it." Becky shook her head, catching the two teenagers attention. "Nooo, you have a last name to! Gray! Gray give her a nick name!" Grayson smiled, "Of course pumpkin," he then turned to Natasha, watching as she tried to walk with Becky on her right leg, towards the empty table.

He followed close behind and say right next to her, their backs turned to their parents while picking Becky up and holding her gently in his lap.

"So your last name is Higgins. I do not want to call you that." Natasha let out a sigh of relief, "Thank god."

"What's yours and Elizabeth's mother's last name?"

"Oh we don't share the same mother."

"You don't?" Becky looked between the too before speaking up, "Why not?" The teenagers eyes widened at they shared glances before Natasha stammered out an excuse, "W-Well... uh you see.... Grayson?" Grayson shook his head at her making her glare at him, he's not going to lie, her glare scared him and oddly made him feel something.

"Well pumpkin, when mommy and daddy fall out of love, they go and find another love."

"Why did they fall out of love?" Once again the two shared a glance. Grayson shook his head, "Natasha?"

"Fu- okay." Grayson smiled as she stopped herself from cursing in front of his little sister, "Well Becky people fall out of love many many times, until they find the one."

"The one?" Natasha nodded, "Yeah you know, like your mommy and daddy. They've been in love for a long time, and considering that they're still together they decided to have children, like your brothers and you." Becky tilted her head to the side, "So you're saying you and Gray are going to have children?"

The two choked on their spit, a blush covering both of their faces when they made eye contact. "Um what?" They sputtered.

"You're in love aren't you?" Grayson swallowed his spit, "Uh pumpkin we just met."

"Love at first sight? Mommy and daddy said they had that and look at them now!" Natasha thought she was going to have a heart attack, "Honey no offense but I don't believe in that, so no doubt that'll never happen." Grayson furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't believe in love at first sight? Why?"

"I never saw actual love, my moms kinda..." she glanced at Becky, "Like my dad to say the least. The only time I ever saw true love was in shows and movies." Grayson sighed, blinking as she actually held eye contact with him. He could see she was trying hard not to look away. He lifted his right hand, resting it right above her left hand on the table.

"Let me teach you."

Votes: Tell me you like what I'm writing and gives support.
Comments: Show me your invested into the story just as much as I am.

1093 words

6/16/2020

Edited: nope