Chapter 13

While he imagined what can soon happen to him, Julius walked towards the enormous tower with no interruptions. He has already been through enough trouble to be stopped by any creature of the night and be forced to fight it. He still thought about his own family and what kind of danger might fall upon them if he does not protect them. During these dark times, a man who had sons or daughters had to protect all of them no matter what it takes. Harald also had a son and a wife defending and an entire city to continue protecting against any evil that lurks around it.

A few minutes later, Julius comes across the demon guard of the tower and sees that he carried a large battle-ax. The demon's eyes were blood red, and his body was twice as large as the other demons Julius had already faced. He has already stood up to about twenty giant beasts and always walked out successfully. Occasionally, the demons who guard fortresses and hideouts are powerful and proved to be fearless warriors. Then Julius walked before this giant creature, pulled out his greatsword, and pointed the blade at the demon's face.

"You must stroll around all by yourself, eh? You must have gone mad to be wandering out here at night," the demon said.

"Your master. I have come for him," Julius said. The demon stood there and was utterly surprised at the fact that the knight leader was here to hunt down their master.

"You think you can underestimate me by telling me this? You will find no mercy from me, foolish mortal!" The demon shouted. Then, the creature pulled out his battle-ax and stared at his enemy to cut him to pieces.

Julius pulls out his greatsword and charges quickly towards the giant demon, refusing to leave this place empty-handed. The demon swings his ax at Julius, and he didn't care how violent the outcome would be, so long as he kept turning it. Then Julius held onto his greatsword, and he began deflecting every oncoming blow that would be given upon him. The giant creature was fearless as he stood against the noble knight and kept making sure his opponent was bathed with blood and scars. Julius continued to deflect everything that was coming in his direction until the powerful demon lost his balance.

Then Julius had the upper hand and began attacking the demon as he noticed his foe was now vulnerable. The devil could not keep up with how quickly the blows were coming and how skilled Julius was with his sword. Then Julius raises his greatsword and slices off the demon's arms and legs with everything he has inside of his veins and spirit. The creature roared in pain as so much blood, and gore left his body and stained the floor. Then Julius uses his sword, slices off the demon's head, and watches as it flies off his body.

"You are a complete waste of my time," he said. After he said this, he looked into the demon's pockets to see if he had the key.

Julius found the door key in the demon's back pocket, and he gazed upon it for a little while as he thought about what could wait for him. For a long while, he believed he would find only a few demons waiting on each floor to kill him. For finding and hunting down night creatures, he was always ready and prepared for the inevitable. He continuously held his sword in his hands and feared no servant of Hell; no matter what it took, he would never surrender. Then, he went over to the door, unlocked it with the key, and continued to hold on to his greatsword.

His blade always protected him from the demons, and he never abandoned his sword when it's nighttime. Julius made his way across the first floor and looked around to see if any beast was ready to face him. To his surprise, there was nothing for his blade to sink into; if it was unimportant for him, he ignored it and kept moving. Then, he walked up the steps that led to the next floor of the tower, and he heard a bunch of demonic noises. He knew that they were waiting for him and were fearless to stop him from going any further.

Julius refused to let go of his greatsword and kept his eyes upon the dozen demons he was prepared to take on. All the beasts were ready to either kill or be killed as the night continued. Then, one demon pulled out their ax and ran towards Julius to skin him alive; the others stared at the duel and waited for their turn to take on the knight. The demons were holding onto their weapons and gnashing their teeth as they were filled with so much rage. Then Julius parried and deflected the attack that was about to be used on him, and he uses his greatsword and cleaves the demon open.

He then goes to the other demons and begins killing them brutally and violently with his strength and skill. Julius holds nothing back as he slices off their heads, cuts them in half, and leaves them open. He was painting the entire tower with so much blood that it would be the only thing anyone would ever see. It's usually not common that anybody would endure killing a thousand demons in one night. He went up to all of those demons and continued to kill every one of them as they tried to defend themselves.

It was then that he killed the last creature of that group and heard a loud, screeching sound. To his surprise, he heard only one demon make that sound, and it came from the top floor. Julius ran as fast as possible towards the room where the noise was coming from. He knew that the fiend was not far away, and he understood that it would only increase his understanding of where the demon is. Julius has already killed the other demons without getting a scratch on his body; he could withstand almost anything at this point.

He doesn't open the door as a reasonable person would; he kicks down the door and walks into the room. The room was pretty big, but not as big as any other master's room would be in a tower. The demon was the same powerful creature that met him last night with the merciless knights he killed. It was as if Julius was meeting the devil for the first time, despite it not being their first encounter. He walks towards the winged beast with the tip of his blade pointing at his enemy's face; he knew the creature deserved to die for what he did.

"You again?" Julius asked. His face was unpleasant, his anger was hot against the mighty creature, and his strength was still with him.

"Well met, noble knight. So, you have come to me by yourself, haven't you?" The demon asked. The creature was a bit surprised he would meet Julius in such horrible circumstances; his face was already filled with enough anger to make the beast beg for forgiveness.

"We have nothing to say to each other, vile demon. I am Julius of Romania, the leader of the knights of Loftain. And you are beyond redemption," He said.

"So, I'm told. I've imagined that a day such as this should come to pass. I came to show you something," the demon said.

"What could you possibly give me? Do you expect me to believe you're different from the rest? I have killed tens of thousands of demons as long as I drew breath. My strength is impeccable compared to others who take you down. That's why I could kill all of your henchmen and not be given a single scar. Before I kill you here and now, you're going to tell me everything you've been plotting."

"My, me. I don't seem to understand why you've got to jump to conclusions so fast. Like I promised, I shall tell you what you should know. It should only take me about a few minutes to explain it all to you. It can't end in a duel because I have the power to hold it all inside of me. For even though you have given me a scar, I cannot feel any of it."

"Make it a quick conversation, foul-scented creature."

"Ha, a fine conversation such as this can't be rushed. I'm not here to fight or kill you, though I just might. In the misty mountains of the north, there is an immensely powerful creature beyond all measure. The Demon Wolf."