Chapter 7

After the loud and dangerous blast came a peaceful hymn from the worshippers of Paradiso led by Angel Maqo. One by one, angels glowing with blinding light appeared from the skies and went down to the city. They erased all the pain and fear in the hearts of the people. As hope and happiness reigned in their hearts again, the sun broke out from the sky and lightened up all the dark areas of the city.

Mergalio and the SklavoiS prepared an honorable burial for Liwen with the greatest gratitude that the entire city could ever give him. Anya gave birth to her child earlier than expected due to the devastating experiences she went through. She was mourning Liwen's death but the Divine Power instantly gave her a wonderful reason to live and start anew. She named her son after her beloved husband and the hero of SklavoiS, Liwen.

Angel Gybro and Angel Maqo, with the help of the people, gathered all the dead bodies of SklavoiS. Together, they sang songs of worship and cleansing that would send these souls back to the Lord of the Universe. A great light shone from the heavens and brought the bodies up to the skies as the angels went down and sang songs of salvation to the people. The light blinded everyone's vision until they could no longer see their friends who sacrificed for the redemption of Sklavois.

Odigos, Sofia, Tenshi, and the strong SklavoiS assisted the wounded people in a makeshift tent. With her renewed power, Seonjija restored all the wounds and injuries of the people. Along with the physical healing, she also erased all the painful memories and traumatic experiences from everyone.

"It's time for us to start anew," Mergalio told the people. "Let's work together to restore our sanctuary."

The SklavoiS did their best to reestablish their city. Some of the men decided to clean the bodies of water that were already polluted with Seonjija's help. Some of the women started planting crops again as a number of men revived the farming industry of their city. Tenshi, together with all of the children, helped their parents plant trees seedlings and take care of the existing ones. Anya and Sofia studied the important details that would make their city a sustainable place. Together, they established a school for the children and educated them to the best of their abilities. Odigos organized a group of people who would maintain the peace and order of the city by reporting crimes and assisting people who would develop bad habits again. Mergalio and the puffins were with the people all throughout the city's rehabilitation.

Lahan, Berhawa, and Parairan helped the people restore nature by using their powers as the gods and goddess of land, water, and air.

Six months have passed and Mergalio couldn't believe that it was the same place where he once felt hopeless and unsafe. The Lord of the Universe must be smiling from the heavens.

"Mergalio," the Divine Power called, "it is time for you to go back to Paradiso."

"Master, have you already seen this place? It's a paradise too!" Mergalio proudly said.

"Yes, I can see it and I am so impressed," the Master said. "Tell the people to gather at the middle of the city for I will talk to them."

Mergalio obliged. The people were uncertain of what the Lord of the Universe would like to tell them.

"SklavoiS, I am beyond impressed of how you transformed your place. From now on, your city will no longer be the City of Slaves. This will be called as the Garden of the King, the City of Zarayel. All of you will no longer be slaves but will now be called as Gardiens, the guardians of my treasures here on Earth," the Divine Master announced.

The people were so happy that most of them had tears in their eyes. Mergalio was satisfied with his mission and he knew that he could already go back to Paradiso.

"Gardiens, my mission here is over. Guard each other with love and peace in your hearts. I will always be looking after you from Paradiso. Every time you need me, I will come back and protect you once again. The puffins and your Prophetess will stay with you and guide you as you start anew. It has been a great honor for me to be with you," Mergalio said as he bowed down and offered his high respects to the people especially to his dear friends. Everyone applauded him and gave their expressions of gratitude.

"My dear puffins and to you, Seonjija, we will constantly communicate through our spiritual mirrors. Take care of yourselves and our friends. Odigos, Sofia, and Tenshi, I can never find the right words to thank you for everything. Master will bless you for your pure hearts. Anya, love Liwen with all your heart. Rabbi Agama, please lead them to our Divine Master consistently that they will not falter anymore," Mergalio said.

Mergalio, Angel Gybro, and Angel Maqo flew back to Paradiso while the people were waved and said their goodbyes.

Virra sucked blood from the dead SklavoiS and even the animals that she saw while escaping from Mergalio. She heard a whisper from nowhere and followed its commands. Virra was led into a dark cave with a small lagoon. She dove into the water and was quickly led into a narrow passage.

"Who are you?" Virra screeched.

"Virra, you are inside my realm. I am Mbaya Zaidi, the Sleeping Most Evil Ruler of this entire domain. I have been sleeping for a long time but the battle in Sklavois roused my evil nerves," said the horrendous voice. Virra saw a big, dreadful devil with red moldering eyes and sharp long claws.

Before Virra could utter her reply, Basshure slowly crawled towards Mbaya Zaidi.

"M-master, I am the Great Basshure. I followed Virra when you were leading her. I could also be a great addition to your evil force if you will only let me renew my—" Basshure wasn't able to finish his sentence for he was already slain by Mbaya.

"Useless, tiny trash! I don't need frail and helpless monsters in my force! Virra, you will be my fourth evil adviser and you will lead my warriors," Mbaya proudly said.

"My pleasure, Master Mbaya Zaidi. But how can I be the fourth if I'm the only monster in your force?" Virra hissed.

Mbaya summoned the three evil advisers who now appeared stronger and deadlier than they had ever been.

"They turned you into a monster but now I will assign you as their leader and you will become more powerful than them," Mbaya said as he struck Virra with his Kpinga, covered her face with the cursed Mitsogo mask, and transformed her into a perilous monster.

Mbaya Zaidi and the three evil advisers' demonic laughter thundered the underground realm to the obliviousness of the Gardiens and the guardians.