Chapter 5

The sun set and already rose but Mergalio was still nowhere in sight. Seonjija, Odigos, and the puffins started to look for him. They searched everywhere but they didn't see the him. While they were walking along the riverbanks, Seonjija stopped and looked everywhere with confusion painted all over her face.

"Seer, what is it?" Dianoia asked.

"Seonjija, it's Me, the Lord of the Universe. Starting now, I will be talking to you and you you will be My messenger," the Divine Power stated. "Mergalio didn't want to return to Paradiso despite of my commandment. As a punishment to his disobedience, he is no longer a warrior angel. Megalio is now a tree waiting on top of Mount Otago."

"Prophetess?" called Epimoni.

With tears on her eyes, Seonjija relayed everything that the Divine Power had told her. All the puffins started to cry except for Odigos who still didn't have any idea of what was happening.

"Why? What is the problem?" Odigos asked the puffins since he could not communicate with the Seer. "Where is Mergalio?"

"M-Mer-galio has been t-turned into a tree," Elpida answered in difficulty.

Odigos could not believe what he heard.

"He must be very lonely now," Odigos said. "We need to be with him."

The puffins took the form of Aetos once again and brought Odigos and Seonjija to Mount Otago. Standing alone on top of the mountain was a huge and sturdy tree with the face of a human. As they came closer, they realized that Mergalio's face didn't change, only this time he no longer had wings but branches and leaves.

Mergalio's friends tried their best not to feel any pity towards him because they knew that it would only make him feel worse.

"Don't worry Mergalio," Seonjija assured him. "We will help you finish this mission and go back to your true form."

"Thank you, Prophetess. Puffins, I need to ask a favor from you. Since I am far from the SklavoiS, can you think of a way for me to still monitor them despite my condition?" Mergalio asked.

"We can create a mirror connecting you to the city," Apodochi said.

The puffins created a whirl of air near Mergalio by flying together in a circular motion. The spiritual mirror clearly reflected the daily life and experiences of the people.

"Thank you, Puffins. How did you know I was here?" Mergalio asked.

"The Divine Power talked to me, Mergalio," Seonjija answered.

Mergalio sadly smiled and didn't say anything. The warrior asked his friends to look after the people since he knew that the evil ones would continue destroying the city now that he could not be there. His friends gave him inspiring words and told him that they would visit him every now and then.

As the days passed by, the evil invaders inflicted more harmful actions to the people. Every night, the people were filled with tremendous fear that they could not bear to sleep even for a few minutes. Houses were being burnt mercilessly. The SklavoiS experienced injustice and maltreatment again now that their defender was gone.

Aetos and Liontari could only do so much in fighting the invaders. At first, they could easily beat the enemy but without Mergalio, their strength and power would easily diminish. Odigos and Seonjija couldn't help them for they didn't have any power to oppose the strong and wicked invaders that were strengthened by the Giant King and Queen.

Through the spiritual mirror, Odigos informed Mergalio of what was happening.

"If that will continue, the puffins' power and energy will be drained and they will die. If only I could ask the Divine Power what to do. But the moment I've decided to stay, He also cut His communication with me."