Chapter 3

Twelve people to help him spread redemption was a great start for Mergalio. Each of them pursued more people to stay with them during the night to witness the Divine Power's grace.

Mergalio observed Judge Draggen and the corrupt lawmakers as they kept on harassing the people with their unjust ways. On all those situations, Mergalio kept mum and just stored everything in his mind to ruin Judge Draggen's reputation once he got the right opportunity.

"Why are there few gamblers today?" asked the intimidating man to the young boy. "Are you not doing your job?"

"Lord Liwen, SklavoiS do not have enough money anymore," the young boy softly explained. "Maybe that's the reason why our business is not doing well."

"I don't care if they don't have enough money anymore!" Liwen exclaimed. "Tempt them! Offer them gambling money and they will just pay it once they win. I assure you, they will grab that opportunity and dig their own graves of debt."

In a snap, SklavoiS filled the gambling tables and recklessly spent huge amounts of money.

Standing next to the them was a lovely young lady, Anya, begging her father to stop wasting his money. Anya kept on asking her father to go home and stop his addiction but the man was very occupied with his temporary happiness.

"Have you lost your heart for these people?" Mergalio furiously confronted Liwen. "How could you push them into the rock bottom of debt?"

The rich and selfish man just laughed at him. Liwen dragged him to the largest gambling table.

"SklavoiS are actually enjoying this. Can't you see? They love being buried into the deepest and darkest state of their lives. And I don't care about them! This wretched city is not my home. I never considered them as part of my life. I only want their money. You understand?" Liwen remarked and left Mergalio looking helplessly at the gamblers.

As soon as Liwen proudly said those selfish words, he was mesmerized by the beauty of Anya. It took a while before he realized that the woman wasn't looking at him with admiration. On the contrary, rage and hatred were very evident in her eyes. Liwen looked down for he couldn't stand the intensity of her anger towards him. Disappointed, Anya stormed out of the gambling house while Liwen followed her movements with his eyes. Few steps away from the gamblers, Anya looked back to check on her father. Surprisingly, her eyes met Liwen's appreciative gaze.

"Divine Power, these people have already been worshipping money for such a long time. How will I save them?" Mergalio called out to his Master.

"Make them remember me. Show them my ways," the Divine Power answered.

Mergalio gathered all the gambling paraphernalia and threw it to Liwen.

All the SklavoiS were ready to harm Mergalio for what he did but he quickly called Agapi. The puffin targeted their hearts and triggered love to reign over greed and anger.

"I know that all of you are desperate but this is not the right way to have a better life. If you will only repent and remember our Divine Power, He will shower you with His grace and you will live a great life that is far different from what you are experiencing," Megalio said to the people.

"Divine Power? Who is he?" a man asked.

The people got curious about the Divine Power.

"Oh yes, the Divine Power! Does He remember us, His people? I thought He has already forgotten us," an old man from the crowd said.

"Yes, He remembers. He always thinks of you. All of you," Mergalio said, hoping to enlighten the people blinded by darkness and fear.

As Mergalio talked about the Divine Power, most of SklavoiS wept without noticing it.