Episode 3

The Case of the Missing Scroll

Hawk was groaning in frustration, staring at the pile of homework that Professor Peach had assigned him. He needed to sort out the varying types of trees in Mistral, based off the descriptions of their sap.

Hawk: "Oh come on! Are you telling me that two types of sap are only different based off how slow it runs down the tree?! There's only a fraction of a difference!"

Weiss: "Snowbird. Could you please stop yelling. I can hear through the wall."

Hawk glanced over as Weiss walked into his room. She began to search his room, looking under papers, bedsheets, drawers. As she searched, she began to look more and more stressed.

Hawk: "Snowflake... what are you doing?"

Weiss: "I lost my scroll, and have been looking everywhere. I just can't find it."

Hawk jumped up from his seat, opening a drawer in his desk and grabbed a detective cap, then pulled the hat on while holding a prop pipe in his left hand.

Hawk: "Fear not madam, for Inspector Branwen is on the case! I shall find your missing item post haste!"

Weiss looked surprised for a moment, before going deadpan.

Weiss: "How long have you had that hat?"

Hawk: "Worry not madam! Your missing scroll will soon be back in your hands."

Weiss did a small facepalm as Hawk rushed past her. Weiss looked at the pile of homework on his desk, wondering if this was to get out from doing it.

Hawk was bent over at a ninety degree angle, holding an overly large magnifying glass to his eye as he followed a strange set of footprints that led towards the courtyard.

Hawk: "Hmm, interesting... very inter-"

Ruby: "Hi Hawk! What are you doing?"

Hawk stood upright and glanced at Ruby, who shrieked in surprise when she saw Hawk's magnified eye looking at her.

Hawk: "Please Ruby, it's Inspector Branwen. I'm following a suspicious set of footprints, to find Weiss' missing scroll."

Ruby: "Oh, can I come?"

Hawk: "Sure!"

Ruby beamed and began to follow Hawk as he kept following the strange footprints, not paying attention to where he was going.

Hawk: "Very strange, they seem to jump around a lot. Perhaps the culprit knows I'm on the trail."

Ruby: "Or they like playing hopscotch."

Hawk rolled his eyes at the comment, before coming to a stop looking confused.

Hawk: "Odd. These footprints went in a complete circle."

Ruby let out a gasp as she stayed close to Hawk, looking around the area.

Ruby: "Do you think we're being followed?"