Hard Headed Little Bi-

I started to panic and didn't know what to do. I mean I can't make them leave, I want him out of my life but I can't just let him and his mom live out on the streets during a pandemic. Plus my parents would fucking kill me if I chased them away.

I quickly picked up my phone and FaceTimed Kai. He answered not even two seconds later.

"Hey Y/n what's up?"

"Damiar is here, at my house. I don't know what to do. H-Hes staying here. I don't want him here a-at all but we can't just leave him in the streets. Help oh my god helppp"

"Uh... uh, I don't know just tell him to leave you alone?!"

"Kai, are you serious right now? Damiar is a hardheaded little bitch-"

"Hey, he's still my friend," Kai mumbled looking down into his lap.

I scoffed, "Yeah, I know. But we both know it's true! Sorry anyway."

Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Gotta go Kai. Talk later."

He nodded and waved with a big smile on his face. I hung up the phone and crawled into my bed, snuggled up in the blankets, and pretended to be asleep.

"Y/n, come out here please. We need to talk" I heard my mom's voice. It was soft but got more stern. She huffed and opened the door when I didn't respond. The room went silent until I heard her footsteps nearing me. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and then walked back out.

I sighed when she left and sat up.

"I know you're awake! Come down and finish breakfast, or else!" She shouted from downstairs. I groaned and forced myself out of bed. To be honest I didn't want to get on her bad side.

Since there's guests, I should probably get ready so I don't look like a mess and give Damiar's mom a bad first impression. I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and hair, and threw on some comfortable clothes.

I walked down the stairs slowly. When I got down, I saw Damiar, my mom, dad, and Damiar's mom all sitting at the table talking and eating. Well Damiar didn't seem to be talking much. I walked into the dining room and my mom was glaring at me.

I didn't know why until I looked over and saw she had left only the chair next to Damiar free. I gave her a slight death stair making her laugh a bit and turn to my dad, probably to brag about her mom achievement.

Hesitantly, I sat down in the chair where my plate from earlier sat, still warm, and only a few bites taken out of the pancakes. I started to eat and made sure to keep my eyes down at my plate except when someone was talking to me. I glanced up at Damiar when I was finished and noticed he was just poking at his food with his fork.

He had an unsatisfied and exhausted look on his face. I can't blame him, he was probably having a rough time. He lost his home.

Why do I feel bad? I hate his guts.

"May I be excused?" He asked in a rough tired voice. Our parents all excused him and he stood up, put his plate in the sink and started to wash it.

"Oh you don't have to wash it, hun. Y/n, can you show him to your room?" My mom said. My eyes widened and I looked at her confused.

"Can I- Can I what?"

"He's going to have to stay in your room."

"Oh that's okay, Ms. L/n. I can sleep on the couch." Damiar said as he leaned against the kitchen bar.

"There's no need for that. Go on now, n/n." My mom said sweetly and I could see Damiar smirk on victory from the corner of my eye.

"Whatever." I muttered and got up, dropped my plate in the sink, and gestured for Damiar to follow me. He followed close behind as I lead him into my room.

"I don't know where she wants you to sleep," I said once I closed the door, "because you're definitely not sleeping in my bed with me."

"It's not that big of a deal. It's not like I'm some stranger." He said and gave me a blank stare as he sat at the edge of my bed.

I scoffed, "I wish you were."

He shook his head and buried his face in his hands, "I'm tired."

My expression softened a bit as I looked at him. "Uh...you can bring your stuff in here and then, I guess, take a nap. In my bed," I sort of mumbled the last part and sighed in defeat.

"Deal." He said happily as he brushed past me and went downstairs to get his things. So this is my life now. With him. Trying to get away from him and ultimately being pulled right back to him any chance the universe has.

I told him he could put his clothes in the dresser and the closet was mine, and to put everything else in the bathroom. I went downstairs and sat on the couch to wait for him to finish.

"Why do you hate him so much?" My dad said as he sat next to me.

I shook my head.

"Well you used to be so close."

"He's not as perfect as he seems," I shrugged and went back upstairs. I opened the bedroom door and Damiar was already asleep on the right side of the bed.