68. Hotel California

Start from the beginning

"Knock yourself out," Sam replied. "Just watch out for her."

Natalia grabbed two chocolates and darted to the other side of the room. "Steal them and I'll stab you."

"But chocolate!" Dean whined, trying to grab them.

She held them close to her chest and he frowned. "That's not fair."

"Mine," Natalia said.

"Fine. You win. Whoa. 'Casa Erotica 13' on demand." Sam scoffed. "What?"

"Isn't this place... in the middle of nowhere?" Sam asked.

"So?" Dean and Natalia questioned.

"So what's a four-star hotel doing on a no-star highway?"

A woman moaned pleasurably on the other side of the wall. A bed thumped, people chuckled, then a loud thud accompanied the brick wall of the room to be smashed in from the other side, almost knocking the LCD flat screen television off the wall.

INT. HONEYMOON SUITE

The Winchesters opened the door to the room to find it empty. Dean found a large engagement ring on the floor.

"Hello?" Dean called.

"Hello?" Sam and Natalia repeated.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL LOBBY

"The, uh, the room next to ours -- t-the couple that are, uh, joined at the lips -- have you seen them?" Dean wondered.

"Mr. and Mrs. Logan -- the honeymooners?" Chad questioned. "They checked out. Is something the matter?"

"They checked out?" Sam asked.

"Mm-hmm. Mm, just now."

"Really? It sort of seemed like they were, uh..." he chuckled, "... in the middle of something."

"Yeah, it's kind of weird for honeymooners to, uh, check out without this." Dean held up the engagement ring.

"Oh, dear," Chad said. "I'll just put that right in the lost and found. Don't you worry. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Uh, no," Natalia replied. "No, we're good."

"Super-fantastic."

"Creepy," Sam commented.

"Broke the needle," Dean stated. "All right, well, Nat and I'll scope out the joint, and you keep an eye on Norman Bates over here. I mean, one night off. Is that too much to ask?"

Natalia huffed. "Apparently it is."

Sam followed Chad as he left the front desk, but lost sight of him near the vending machines. There was a slicing sound and Sam reached for his neck, where a fresh cut had appeared.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS HOTEL HALLWAY

Dean and Natalia exited the elevator and each pulled out an EMF detector. They passed a room with its door open and an elephant was holding a towel. Dean and Natalia took a few steps back to look again, and saw a man wrapping a bowl around his torso.

"This ain't no peep show, man, lady!" the man told them.

INT. ELYSIAN FIELDS BUSINESS SUITE

"You're beautiful," Baldur commented.

"You're sweet," Kali replied, pausing a beat. "I hate sweet."

Chad, who was no longer wearing his name badge, cleared his throat. "Sorry to interrupt. The last guest just arrived."