Chapter 3

Betty woke up with a whine and groan, rubbing at her forehead. She sat up and blinked, frowning at the way the light made her head pound even through the closed curtains. She fell back down on the bed, pulling the comforter over her head. She had to give herself one thing - she knew where she was and that mattered. She also knows that she flirted with the hot guy who lives here and managed to make a fool out of herself by getting drunk.

She sat up with another more hushed groan, rubbing her temples for a moment. "Oh, my God." She said it as she whined, falling back into the bed again.

Betty went through the same routine multiple times for another twenty minutes until she was able to drag herself out of bed without wanting to crawl under the covers and never come out. She walked into the bathroom, or more so dragged herself into the bathroom, as she moped and cringed at herself in the mirror.

Mascara was smudged under her eyes and her hair was a tousled mess. Her dress was basically sliding off her shoulders and she wondered why she couldn't spare the three minutes it would have taken to change.

With a sigh, she turned around to the shower, turning it on slowly so as to not wake anyone. Even if it obviously was late morning, she had no clue when this man woke up or even if she was supposed to be using the shower. He had said that his space was also hers and this technically was his space, so she was allowed to use it, right?

After contemplating the dumb thought for too long, she had managed to get herself into the shower but used her own toiletries she had brought. She felt it was rude to be using the items he was providing her, but she couldn't pinpoint why. Maybe she was just unnecessarily paranoid.

She got changed quickly, but she took a moment to glance between dresses. She also took a moment to contemplate why she only brought dresses. How had she managed to not bring a single article of clothing that didn't cover her legs that weren't her sleep or running shorts, and she was not about to wear those anywhere if she didn't absolutely need to.

The sun outside shined through the window as she brushed her hair and glanced around. The roads were pretty much empty, and there were little to no houses anywhere. Corn fields and woods surrounded most of the place and it made her feel slightly unnerved. But, she reminded herself, if he wanted to kill you, he most likely would have done it by now. Or maybe he was saving her for some crazed event that was coming up.

"Are you stupid?" She huffed as she spoke out loud, rolling her eyes. He was way too nervous and messy to be a killer - hopefully.

She forced the ideas to the back of her mind, brushing her teeth and doing light makeup for the day. Really, it made no sense to do so, he had already watched her cry but she had to at least attempt to make a better first impression. Or she had to at least beat the one she had given last night because that was not how she wanted him to remember her when she leaves. If she was lucky and she was able to get him to forget about it, she may just have a shot with him.

Within another fifteen minutes she was ready and took in a deep breath, opening the bedroom door. She raised her eyebrow at the silence, questioning whether she should call out his name or not. Would that be weird? The girl you let in the night before then explained a heart wrenching story to calling out your name the next morning?

She shook the thought away, like she had with many others that morning, walking down the hall and turning a corner. His bedroom. It was simple; very simple. He had a plain platform bed frame with a simple grey upholstered headboard. He had dark grey sheets to match, his pillows thrown blankly at the top of the bed and his royal blue comforter was strewn across the bed. It was almost bunched up in the middle like he had tossed and turned in one position all night. The walls were also painted a deep, brooding grey and it darkened the room greatly. Thankfully the curtains were open or else it would be almost pitch black in the room.