runaway princess ; chapter 5

"Aigoo- I don't know what that boy is thinking," one of the senior mages sighed. "Having to train a new one to serve the magician!"

  Athanasia couldn't help but be confused too. Why her, of all people? Why a newbie who'd been sold to the palace for her debts? Of course, it was a part of the palace she'd never been to before as a child. It made her think of her dad again- what if she'd see him around the palace? Would he recognise his own daughter? No- he wouldn't.

  His memories were still probably a lost-cause.

  "Your grace, your new mage has arrived."

  "...excuse me," she bowed, trying her best not to look up. She could tell that the guy was tall- towering over her. But that was all she could tell- that he was tall.

  "Thank you- ajusshi," The voice seemed vaguely familiar as he treated his mages with respect- just like elders to him. She couldn't quite put her finger on it- just where did she hear that voice? It was gentle at the moment- yet distant.

  "You may leave, ajusshi." The man bowed, before leaving the room.

  "Hmm," the voice hummed in a playful tone. "At last, we meet again, puppy."

Crap.

It took her time to process the information- before it finally hit her head. "W-Wait."

"Y-You."

"Me."

"Y-You're the young magician-"

"One and only," Athanasia looked up to the boy's shining ruby red eyes, indeed- it was that asshole from days before. It all made sense now! Why else would a high ranked person choose, her, who'd never been seen at the palace before as their personal mage? She gave a long sigh, before a frustrated expression played her face. "Is this for leaving you in the ditch- I swear you said it yourself that you'd kill me-"

  "You know what, please just kill me-"

  The more Athy said, the more she realised she'd dig deeper and deeper into her own grave and yet- little did she know the young magician was intrigued by the person standing before him.

  "Aw, but killing my new puppy won't be fun," he smirked, lifting her chin to face him. Her face seemed to redden the closer his face got to her- is he actually-

  Athy squinted her eyes, before jumping away. "Here," He dragged her to a small section of the room- it seemed luxurious somehow, too, for her, who stayed as a commoner for the past few years.

  "I'll sleep- here?"

  "Do you want to sleep in the ditch, then?"

  "No, sir! This is fine!" She beamed. "I'm going to take a hot sprint bath now, would you like to join me?"

  She was confused again- the man who was extremely mean to her- and called her a puppy- wanted to share a hot spring bath? Besides! She was a girl! She could never!

  "Pardon, your grace? Didn't you say you'd kill me moments ago?"

  "I was joking," he said. "Personal mages are supposed to be your friends- and you're pretty intriguing, so I thought you'd be a fun toy."

  Wow, toy.

  "I can't take a bath with you, sir!" Her blush got redder as the moments went by. "Why so?"

  "B-Because."

  "Just because."

  "Just because?" Now, the boy was confused. "Oh- you're afraid I'll do something to you?"

  "I don't swing that way-" he said, it hit another nail in her head- she'd forgotten he thought she was a guy!

  "I have to change to my afternoon uniform, your grace, I'll take my leave to the changing room now, wherever that may be in your room!" She sped off, grabbing her afternoon uniform in her arms as she sped to what seemed to be a changing room. It was weird. Sharing a room with him? Surely, it'd be normal if she were a guy, but she wasn't!

  Changing was always a pain for her, because jt was the time she could loosen the bandages on her chest- but at the same time, she'd have to tighten them again after getting to relax for a bit. She took off the mage robe, before she saw a figure behind her through the mirror- stood rooted to the ground. "I wanted to ask you something—"

  "But it seems we have other things to talk about when you get out," his face was red, both blushing, and with sheer shock in his eyes.

  Athy knew from that moment.

  She screwed up.

; A/N ;
AAAAA OMG WAS IT BAD? IDK OH NO TAT it was kinda in a spur of the moment thing i couldn't think of anything TAT i'm sorry! pls leave your feedback in the comments TAT i'd appreciate it <3 and i'm sorry i've been delaying updates TAT pls check my other story Who Made Me A Princess Oneshot's new chapter's A/N at the end for updates <3 i hope you liked the chapter and haffa lovely day! 🥺💗

till next, next? next week?
ja, matane~
-eru <3