𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓.

Start from the beginning

By that time they made it to shore. Annabeth and Tyson waiting on the sand. The blonde wasn't happy about bringing the Cyclops along either, but it didn't matter at that moment.

Ariadne sighed, "Fine. But how do you propose we get to Luke's ship, Kelp Head?"

"Hermes said my father would help?"

Her head tilted at the mention of the god, had he talked with the boy?

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Annabeth asked.

Percy gave them a nod before looking at the water, inching a bit closer. He shifted before calling out awkwardly, "Um, Dad? How's it going?"

"Percy!" Annabeth whispered. "We're kinda in a hurry!"

"Right." He shut his eyes tightly before taking a deep breath. Ariadne watched closely while Annabeth kept looking over her shoulder. "We need your help! We need to get to that ship, before we get eaten and stuff, so..."

Luke's yacht sat in the distance. She felt a punch to the gut once she saw it knowing the teenage boy was aboard. He had betrayed them, betrayed her. But she was still not over hope, maybe she could get Kronos out of his head enough to realize what he was doing. Maybe.

Nothing happened at first. The water was clear and calm, that was until three white lines waded along the surface. Waves parted and three white stallions reared once they neared the beach.

Ariadne let out an amazed gasp. "Fish ponies!" Tyson called out.

"Hippocampi!" She corrected, eyes slight with excitement. "They're beautiful."

Silvers scales glistened in the moonlight as they laid in the water. Rainbow tail fins were attached to the back as horse bodies took up the front. As white as freshly-fallen snow. One of them loved her comment and let out a noise of appreciation, letting her run a hand over its head.

Although she hadn't completely gotten over the fear of water and swimming, working with Percy had helped it.

She let out a laugh as a great smile crossed her face, purple eyes scanning the beautiful creatures. Percy noticed and looked towards her with a slight smile. His sea-green eyes were conflicted between emotions, which Annabeth couldn't pick up on. The blonde narrowed her eyes at the two before shaking her head.

Ariadne glanced towards Percy, giving him a confused look when he looked away quickly as a blushed dusted his cheeks.

"We can admire them later!" Percy said. "Come on!"

An irritable screech filled her ears, "There! Bad children out of cabins! Snack time for lucky Harpies!"

Five Harpies fluttered towards them and over the sand dunes. They had plump and ugly bodies with sagging skin, along wings and talons— similar to the Furies but they weren't fast— thank the gods. But at the same time, they were vicious if they caught up to you.

"Aidan," Percy called out, "grab the duffel bags!"

"I already have one—"

"Just grab one!"

She decided not to argue anymore. Her hands lay he do to the last two duffle bags before pushing Tyson onto a hippocampi. His was big enough for a Cyclops to ride, Poseidon must've known. But there wasn't a fourth one.

"Perc," she called out, "there's four of us!"

Percy glanced over his shoulder, "Aidan! It doesn't matter! Get on!"

Ariadne looked over at the Harpies which were growing closer. She smirked, "You want us?" Her hand shot out and vines wrapped around the creature's, pulling them back. She threw her duffle bag which Hermes provided at one of the pinched faced. A grin crossed her face, "Well you can't have us!" She hopped behind Percy.