0.2

Grayson's POV

I'm Grayson and this is the summer where one person turned my life upside down.

I groaned as my alarm starting blaring through my room.

"Shut the fuck up." I groaned as I turned it off.

I sighed as I sat up in bed. I ran my hand through my hair and threw the covers off of me. I sighed as I stood up and walked to my mirror.

That's me, Grayson Dolan, I'm 18 and have been living in Summerland for almost a year now. Just before our senior year started, my brother Ethan and I decided to drop out of school. We had always hated school so why not impulsively move down to the Florida Keys. Our parents cut us off, but we're still here, living in an old fishing shack on the Eastside of the island. The Hub as we like to call it. Anyways, today my brother and I are supposed to be starting a new job as landscapers at Michael Carpenter's house. That's if I can Ethan up of course.

"E, get up we gotta go to work," I called as I banged on his door.

"Fuck work." He called from the other side of the door.

"Well, we need to make money," I said as I opened the door. "Gah damn, it smells like ass in here."

"Not my problem." He groaned as he laid in bed.

That's my twin brother Ethan. My best friend and biggest nuisance since birth. He is the irresponsible one in our friend group. Ever since we moved out I have watched over him even though he is the older brother. He is probably the smartest one out of us, but he just makes stupid decisions. He is my best friend though and I wouldn't be here without him.

"Alright, you gotta get up," I said as I walked over to the window and pulled back the curtain.

"Bro, stop close that." He groaned as he pulled a pillow over his face.

"Nope, you gotta get up. We got a job to get to." I said as I pulled his sheets off of him.

"Fine, fine I'm up." He groaned as he rolled out of bed.

"Good, be ready by 9. He wants us there by 10." I told him as I walked out of his room.

I sighed as I walked into the living room.

"Morning Ad," I said as I pointed at Admiral.

"Mornin bro." He said as he laid on our pull out couch.

That's my best friend Admiral Jackson. He was born and raised here. We met him like a week after we moved here and I don't think we've been apart ever since. His dad was an Admiral in the Navy, so that is where he gets his name from. His dad runs a fishing charter. He runs one of those boats that take tourists out to go deep-sea fishing. Ad is one of the best first mates that I have ever met. He and his dad don't get along too well so he's been crashing on our couch for a while. He is actually one of the best surfers and musicians I have ever met. Don't tell him that though. That's my crew. It's just the three of us but it's all we need.

"Y'all start your new job today?" Admiral asked from the living room as I grabbed a pop tart.

"Yeah, what about you? Any fishing today?" I asked as I sat on our kitchen countertop.

"Nah, not until tonight." He yawned and sat up.

"Well looks like you got The Hub all to yourself," I smirked to him.

"Hell yeah." He smiled and I laughed.

"Don't do anything stupid." I pointed at him.

"I got you, bro." He laughed as I looked at him.