Three

The next morning, it was time to leave for Sringiri village to hunt down the lion that has been creating havoc in the village and nearby areas.

Some six-seven disciples had already gathered to leave. Daksh being a punctual guy was right on time but Chitra and Pragyan were late as always. 

They came leisurely walking as if nothing has happened. Pragyan waved at Daksh while Chitra was busy gawking at him. It wasn't her fault, his tall build and the chiseled body was ornated by a bow and quiver tied on his back and a sword tied on the left side of his waist. His perfect face and piercing dark brown eyes could bewitch any girl even if he didn't mean to.

"Stop drooling over him" Pragyan whispered, "You are giving me a second-hand embarrassment"

That's when Chitra came back to her senses, a little embarrassed she went to her horse. 

Daksh with a blank expression, "You are late"

"But Gurudev has not arrived so....." Pragyan trailed off. Daksh didn't reply and hit the pebbles with his shoe in boredom.

Finally, Atreyacharya also arrived accompanied by Suruchi and his wife Katyayani who wore a worried expression. Suruchi ran up to the group of disciples. Chitra picked her up in her arms. "You are so excited" she pulled her cheeks.

Atreyacharya patted his horse's back, ready for departure. However, Katyayani was worried, "She is too young to go on hunts and is still recovering from her illness. I don't think it's a good idea to take her with you"

Atreyacharya sighed, "I want to start her training soon. We can not waste any more time. Also, Prince Bhanu is supposed to come here soon. I can't believe I'd have to train that dog's son", he clenched his jaw.

Katyayani, "Why him? Did you say yes?" 

Atreyacharya, "Do I even have a choice". It was more like a  statement rather than a question. "Alright it's time to leave," he said with a faint smile.

"Suruchi come here" he called and commanded his disciples to leave.

All the disciples bid goodbye to their Guruma and headed to the Sringiri village. 

Daksh couldn't help but drift into the memories of good old days. Every time they go on any such missions reminds him of his adventurous days with his friend Crown Prince Atharv. In fact memories of his own family and the royal family never leave him alone. Royal family doted on him and treated him like their own son, if not for the world-known fact that his majesty has only a son and a daughter, people would think of him as their sibling. 

This pair of the new generation was considered to be the mirror image of what their fathers were, His majesty Uday Pratap and commander in chief Ratan Jeet. 

Crown Prince Athrav and the son of the commander in chief Daksh were called as 'jewels of Malvika Puri'. Men and women wished they had sons like them, girls wished they had a husband like them, boys wished they could be friends with them.

They'd often dress up as commoners and take a trip to the cities and villages of the kingdom to know if everything was going fine and the people are living in peace. Crown prince believed that the best way to know and feel the pain and difficulties of people is to walk among them and witness it.

"Come on Daksh--move your fat ass be quick" Prince Athrav walked past him and climbed on his horse that was already brought by the guards near the main gate of the palace. 

"Language, Your highness" He arched his eyebrow.

Prince Atharv, "Alright slowpoke!"

Daksh shook his head  in disbelief and climbed on his horse, "Let's go"