ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

THE MIKAELSON MANSION was an absolute mess when Katherine stepped inside. There were broken vases, damaged paintings, dents in the walls, ruined carpets, and destroyed doors.

A single glance and the vampire decided to just turn around and walk away from there.

Alas! It wasn't possible.

"Katerina," Elijah's call stopped her in mid-step.

"It's okay, I will come back later," the vampire murmured with a light shrug.

"Oh! No," Elijah said, with a wave of his hand, "You wouldn't have come here if it wasn't important."

"I really don't want to meddle in your siblings' squabble," The doppelganger said, eyeing the broken glass pieces on the floor.

"Ah!" Elijah made a noise of agreement when he looked at his living room, "Our siblings had quite a few things to say to Niklaus yesterday. We have yet to find someone to clean it."

"Right..." Katherine drawled, "Is Klaus still alive? I couldn't reach him through the phone, so..." she trailed off.

"I believe it is destroyed by Kol when he couldn't manage to operate it," Elijah said, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Ah! Katerina, love," Klaus said, loudly, making his entrance, "What a surprise? Miss me already?"

"Did you just say, Katerina?" A female voice screech followed after.

"And that must be your lovely sister Rebekah," Katherine said with a sigh.

"What is this wench doing here?" Rebekah asked as she came down the stairs.

"Always a pleasure, Rebekah," Katherine said to the blonde, simply. "However, I am on a busy schedule for a catfight, so if you could just lend your brother for a minute," the doppelganger said, motioning Klaus a bit to come outside.

Before the blonde Original could throw another tantrum, Elijah decided to help out and took the attention of his sister, while Klaus and Katherine stepped outside.

"I called you, but it seems your phone was also destroyed along with your living room," the doppelganger began.

"Well, family...you know," Klaus began with a smirk.

"No, I don't," Katherine said matter-of-factly, and Klaus smirk turned into a frown at her words. Katherine just shook her head and said, "Anyway, I wanted to know if you can lend your witch and warlock for a day."

"Why exactly do you want them for?" Klaus inquired, lifting his eyebrow.

"Hey, remember the time I saved you ass from your psychotic step-father," Katherine said instead, making Klaus scowl. Just then, they both heard a chuckle from behind.