ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

Start from the beginning

"Wow! Nik, someone finally put you in place," the accented voice began, and the frenemies both turned around. One in confusion, and other in annoyance.

"You look exactly like Tatia," Kol said in a sardonic tone, "Except you managed to cause a rift between my brothers."

"And you...look like mini Elijah," Katherine said, "Just without manners, apparently."

"You also have a sharp tongue," Kol mused and stared at her dead right in the eye, trying to find something, and when Katherine held his gaze, he smirked.

"I am Kol," the dark brown haired Original introduced.

"Katherine," the doppelganger said, shaking his hand, "Elijah had quite a few things to say about you."

Kol made a noise at the back of his throat, "Which one of my Massacres did you talk about?"

Katherine lifted her eyebrow at the strange question and said, "About your relationship with witches, actually."

When Kol nodded his head but still looked slightly confused as to why Elijah would tell her that, Katherine elaborated, "My father is a traveler. But since we cant practice magic in groups and stay in the same place due to the curse, he didn't really tell any of my siblings about it. I learned about it after I turned. When I told Elijah how I would've liked to know the feeling of witchcraft, he told me about you and your love for it."

"Ah," Kol made a sound of understanding.

"If you two had enough discussion about magic, can we discuss the matter at hand?" Klaus said, breaking their discussion and getting their attention back to him.

"Now," Klaus began, when Kol and Katherine looked at him in annoyance for interrupting, "I can't possibly give the only witches I have at my hand to you, definitely not without an explanation."

"Why does anyone need witches?" Katherine retorted, rolling her eyes. "I can't take the Bennett witch as she can't access her magic, for the stunt, she pulled the other day, and the ones I know are very far. So, I am asking you to lend Maddox and Greta for one single day. I will even pay for their services...and silence."

Klaus sighed harshly and threw his hands up in the air, "Fine. But I want them back in 24 hours."

"You got it," the doppelganger said, backing away slowly, her both hands pointing towards Klaus. "Ask Greta and Maddox to be ready. I will pick them tomorrow early in the morning." Klaus just scowled at her in response.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

And so, the very next day, Maddox, Greta, Hayley, Stefan, and Katherine were found in Ford SUV. And no one knew the destination as Katherine wouldn't say.

Stefan was in the passenger seat, Hayley was just behind Katherine, sitting next to Maddox and Greta while Katherine drove with a coffee cup in one hand that has blood in it, and her other hand was on the wheel. As they drove past the countryside towns, Led Zeppelin, playing in the speakers, Katherine's phone rang, getting everyone's attention.

The brunette, instead of placing her coffee cup behind, she left her hand on the wheel and fished out the phone from the charge point. However, as soon as she saw the caller id, she spits out the coffee in her mouth.

"Shit...fuck...shit," the doppelganger muttered, realizing she hasn't called the old witch in three days. She immediately placed her coffee cup back and tried to answer the phone. However, due to the water on the touch screen, she also happened to press the loudspeaker.

"Hey, Mel," Katherine said, placing the phone next to her ear without noticing the speak key was on.

"Oh! You don't get to 'Hey, Mel' me young lady," The witch on the other side bellowed into the phone. And when the loud sound was heard right next to her ears, Katherine was startled with the heightened hearing she experienced. She unintentionally dropped the phone, and it fell below her seat.