7|Amnesia

Even in my alone time, I thought I'd be thinking of her, but there's no need to ponder on sins of the past. Sometimes I bring up situations that we experienced together, but only to show you what I've been going through. I pray to God that it doesn't offend you since I need to get it out my system and it was bad situations, but you still smile and listen to me.

I sat here writing these words and as much as I thought, I couldn't remember her name. It's like being with you gave me amnesia toward her. The saying of getting over someone is getting under someone else is a true fact and is no laughing matter. I've experienced it first hand and anyone willing to forget the past feelings of someone needs to try this drug called love.

Forget the term rebound, for when you needed someone, they were there fully supporting you through the tough moments and I believe that those persons are the real the MVP of relationships—if anything.

Some angels come as the pain of the breakup starts, some came to help with the strength needed to say goodbye and others came to take advantage of the situation. Either way, these individuals came to distract us from the real problems in our relationships, and most times, these are the distractions needed to grow stronger.

Sometimes —in the heat of the moment and search for comfort, we use sex to cushion the blow of a heartbreak. Most of the time, we enjoy the sex and decide to ride the wave until we catch wind of ourselves. At this point, we're already in chin height water and there's no going back from here.

This is where the problem begins if not paired with the right one. Now during the devastating effects of heartbreak, you lose most functions of logical thinking and you go with the person who leads you with the illusion that they're all put together. There's nothing more misleading than a person who takes advantage of a situation for their own personal gain.

This is where you have to know the difference between fight or flight. It's not all that bad since there's also a sixty forty percent chance that you're going to meet someone who can not only just help you through the tough moments of heartbreak, but also help you to grow and strengthen your heart as an individual.

Sometimes you're exactly what someone needs in their life, but because you're involved, you won't get the opportunity to know what could have been. Sometimes all you need to do is be yourself, sit back and trust the process—or so to speak. There's nothing sexier than something that occurs in such a miraculous way that you ask yourself how you ever survived without it.

You are that said something in my life and I ask myself that question daily. I assured you that I would be the same person twenty plus years later that I am today and you assured me the same as you have no regrets nor plans of changing.

I leave no room for disappointment with you as I am fully well aware of the morals of the person I'm with and I'm one hundred percent sure that I would never be quarreling and fighting again in my life. You make things appear so easy and you encourage me and listen to me when I speak.

As opposed to previous relationships, I have died and gone to heaven with the woman I needed for so long. Who would have thought that my soulmate would have been older than me and of this particular standard. God knew what he was doing when he made us both.

I've heard some persons saying that if you're thirty and you're still struggling with relationships then be patient because your soulmate hasn't been born yet. It's funny and a bit sick when you think about it, but once the individual is grown, you look at things differently.

I guess it's the same thing with us. I've always believed age is just a number and my main concern is both our happiness, so if anyone was to say anything negative about us, then it's because they're either jealous or haven't been in love before.

I go out my way to make sure when either of us opens the freezer, there's food or dessert we love to eat. I stock the freezer with peanut ice cream from Munch Kings and as soon as Pizzahut resumes making desserts I'll stock up with cheesecake.

I have no problem with unhealthy living when I'm with you because you are the type of individual to go to the gym and tone up, lose weight, and burn calories. I'm not necessarily a gym person, but I believe once we're living together, we might be going together.

Last night was one of the best I've ever slept. I was feeling a bit chilly, so I used the blankets for the first time since putting it on the bed. I had to take a second and third sniff at it. It smelt of your perfume then I remembered that there were a few times you lay naked in my sheets—which would explain the scent.

I immediately closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep until morning. I'm surprised my alarm woke me, but I guess if it didn't, the dog would have—one way or another. I then felt the urge to stay at home, but the thought of seeing you today halted my negative feelings and I immediately got off my bed.

If I had stayed home, I would have missed you, even more, today and I would have lost a day of pay, so kill two birds with one stone. Make money and see my baby today. This is another reason I love you because I always have a reason to get myself to work.