Henrik x reader: Tomophobia

Tw: Dream logic regarding surgery and mild mutilation. To avoid the nightmare sequence, jump to dialogue "NO!"

Henrik stands at the operating table, scalpel in hand. An abdominal hernia, this was serious. He glances to the anesthetized patient, a man in his early 40's, before making an incision along the marker dotted line. This is simple, he can do this... Then why is he so afraid?
It takes a few more passes to get through to the herniated intestine. Great, now just gently push it back into place and- he glances to the patient again.
No. This isn't right. Where the middle aged patient once lay now sits his...wife.. This can't be right. He checks the charts and paperwork again. She's here for lung problems. Confused and in a slight panic he carefully cuts open to access her lungs. He gently prods, looking for the issue, when to his horror he pulls a crumpled and clearly foreign object from her body. The moment he grabs it, the woman's heart rate suddenly rises.With shaky fingers, Henrik unfurls the paper. A picture of her! And...her...instructor...
"Why?!" He crumples it again and throws it at the wall "Why couldn't we just-" Henrik wheels around to face her again and freezes.
"Help me, Doc."
"Jack..." Henrik stares at the boy, baffled.
"Please, help me, it hurts..."
His friend sits up right in place of the woman. Blood pools around him. Why is Jack awake-when did he wake up?!
Henrik's hands clamp onto the young man's shoulders, trying to push him back down.
"I can't breathe- it hurts. What did you do to me?!" Jack grasps the man in the same manner, resisting Henrik's pushing.
"Help me! Please!" Tears stream down the boy's face. Knowing that normal procedure is futile, Henrik scrambles to fix everything. To push pieces back where they go, to suture wounds, but it all keeps reopening. With every action Jack's cries for help get louder and louder while his heart rate skyrockets. Henrik casts a look to his shaking, blood covered hands. He can't do this. He can't. But he has to! He has to do something- anything!
"DOC!" Jack cries out long and piercing, grabbing the doctor by the hem of his coat. Jack's jaw lengthens with his scream. Henrik can't speak, can't move, can't run.

"NO!" Henrik screams bolting up right on the couch, gripping his sweat drenched blanket.
"Henrik" his eyes dart around the room. Where's the table? Where's Jack? "Henrik.." No- he can't think, can't breathe. What's happening?! "HENRIK!" A pair of hands clasp his head, holding his cheeks. He flicks his gaze to you, catching you in a frigid stare. You watch his expression morph and twist in anguish, eyes filling with tears. Exhausted, Henrik's head thumps into your chest. He clings on, gripping your clothes as if his life depended on it. Carefully, you wrap your arms around his shaking body, cradling him in comfort. Henrik's tears seep into your shirt with every heavy, silent sob.
"It's okay, Henrik...it's okay." Your voice is just above a whisper, easing his gasping breaths. Slowly, you rock back and forth, trying to quiet his fears. "It's just a dream..." you run a hand through his hair, holding him close "just a dream,"
It's almost four in the morning by the time his breathing is back to normal.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" You quietly ask, still holding him.
"No..." Henrik sounds so tired... so broken...
"Okay..."
After a deep breath he sits up again, wiping at his face with his palm and sleeve, trying to clear the snot away. You take a gentle hold of his arm, pulling it down, stopping him. Using a corner of the blanket you wipe away the remaining tears from his face, and any new from his eyes. By the time you're done, they're red and puffy from exhaustion and crying. He softly holds your hand, keeping it to his face, as he leans into your touch. Your heart aches and for a moment, you almost pull him back to you.
"Sank you..." He sighs in what seems like defeat. You plant a soft kiss to his forehead before hugging him again.
"Of course." You say as he hugs you back in a firm grip, worried you might disappear.
"Please don't go..."
"Okay, Hen... I won't." His arms squeeze just a little tighter around you before loosening enough to let you move. Softly, you lay him back down, curling on your side beside him. There's not much space, but you make it work. You work the blanket back over the two of you just before Henrik nuzzles into your neck. You reach up and curl your fingers through his hair, playing with it here and there. You feel his heart rate finish slowing to normal and his breathing deepen and even in pace. You find yourself breathing in time with him. It's so calm and serene... you finally pull yourself to look at his face; still tired and scruffy. But now Henrik seems in pure blissful content. There's no fear, no regret, no pain.
Just sleep.
You cradle his cheek, running your thumb across it. You take in his expression. Relaxed brow, loosely closed eyes, slightly parted lips. You dare say you could...
No. He's tired, and probably not in a good place to deal with that kind of.. thing. You sigh and stare up at the ceiling. Why won't your brain shut up? Softly, you rub tired circles into Henrik's back, listening for if you accidentally wake him up. Your poorly disguised self sooth and distraction go on for a while. You take stock of the cracks in the ceiling, some unusually placed gray hairs in Henrik's head, and how much longer until the sunrise. Your eyes start to grow heavy when you feel something against your face. You try turning your head only to find a pair of very scruffy lips pressed to your cheek.
"Go to sleep, Mausbär" Henrik murmurs, nuzzling deeper against your neck and side. You can't help but grin, before closing your eyes and pulling him close.
Cheeky.

———
Again, past me thought this sucked. And I disagree. So it's once again re-edited and posted :|