Robbie x Reader: Practice

You park the car and step out from the driver side door. "I'll get the door for ya," you tell your friend before walking around the front to his side. Through the window you notice that even though it took him a little struggling, Robbie manages to undo his seatbelt. A gentle tug on the door handle is all it takes to get it open.
"Thank you," Robbie smiles at you with a small wince before he rubs at his throat. Softly, he uses the cane you two brought to help pull himself out of the car. You spot Robbie the whole way up, ready to catch him if he falls. "Robbie is not old- old man," he teases you, tapping the back of your leg with the cane when you reach around him to grab his sunglasses from the car.
"I know, I know. The Doc says you need to use it if you're gonna practice walking though," you roll your eyes. He shuffles to the side enough for you to close the door, being sure to balance his weight as best he can. "You've gotten good at that!" You smile.
"Prac..tice makes perfect," Robbie replies a little slow. He's been working on phrases with Chase recently and it's been paying off.
Robbie looks around at all the trees, the few people that are out, the grass, the sky. "Look! Bird!" If he wasn't grinning before, he is now. "Look at their wings!"
"It's pretty," you nod agreeing "Oh! I almost forgot your sunglasses," you place the sunglasses you grabbed from the car on his face.
"But Robbie does- does not want to!" He pouts "No sun, it does not hurt to-today." He reaches up, trying to take them off.
You gently grab his hand to stop him "I know, I know, but we need to be safe." You don't have the heart to tell him it's because people would be scared, what with having the skin of a man who looks to have suffocated and no visible iris or pupil to speak of. Yet, that is. Robbie's full of surprises.
"....o...kay..." he mumbles, letting go of the glasses.
"Thank you," you kiss the top of his head.
It takes a moment or two, but eventually the pair of you are able to start a walk down one of the wooded park paths. You can't help but feel your heart grow warm watching Robbie take everything in.
"Look! Green...green small tree," Robbie brushes his fingers over the small leaves of a nearby bush.
"That's a bush,"
"Bush..." he stares in wonder at the shape and color of it. Eventually you two keep moving. He looks up into the trees for birds, down along the path for squirrels and slugs. You can't help but laugh as you two shuffle in a zig zag all along the path. You've never seen him this happy.
The plants slowly thin out as you and Robbie reach the end of the looped trail.
"Can we go there?" Robbie points to the play ground. There isn't many people, maybe a kid on the slides, one on the monkey bars.
"Sure," you shrug and help him to the grounds "whatcha wanna do?"
"Thooose,"
"The swings?"
"Yeeaah," he grins already making his way to them. His cane sinks a touch into the wood chips, thankfully Robbie is keeping his balance well. You smile at the sheer amount of excitement your friend is exuberayting. It's contagious, really. You find yourself taking a faster stride to keep pace with Robbie before he flops himself into a near by swing. He tries to take careful aim and gives his cane a light toss to one of the swing set support poles. You pick it up and prop it against the rod and walk behind him, stopping to give him a bit of a push before taking your own seat. "Do you know how to use these?" It's only polite to check first before assuming.
"Robbie does not remember... yet" he adds to the end with a twinge of cheekiness.
"Okay, I'll talk ya through it. Watch me, maybe it'll jog something in that head of yours." He nods in agreement before observing how you swing both your legs. Out, in, out, in. "You need to swing your legs together, they push you forward."
Robbie nods, listening before trying on his own. He swings his legs a little slower than you, and with great effort to build momentum. It's not much, but he's started to move.
"Look at you go!" You praise him, swinging a bit higher than him. Robbie focuses hard on finding a rhythm, something to make him go higher. He closes his eyes as slowly, something itches at the back of his brain. The feeling of the wind in his hair, the lurch in his stomach as gravity pulls him back, the feeling of flying. It feels so...familiar. He's done this before, he knows it! Robbie just needs to be higher, even just a bit.
"Rob? Robbie?" You try to get his attention as he soars past you again "Robbie!"
His eyes fly back open "Yes?"
"Are you okay? You've been really quiet."
He shakes his head "Robbie is fine... just remembering."
"Oh... Oh! That's great! What is it you remembered?"
"That Robbie really likes the swings." He smiles.
"Do you know how to stop?" And there goes said smile. No. No he does not. His lack of response and look on his face is all you need. "Just stop moving your legs, drag the ground if you can." He does his best to follow your instructions, but years of kids doing the same has left a deep hole in the ground. It takes Robbie a good while to slow down enough for you to catch his swing and help bring him back down.
You help him to his feet so he can grab his cane "Did you remember anything else?"
"Yes. That Robbie is hungry."
"Alright, alright, we'll go get lunch."