Fourteenth

Ding.
"Sh."
Ding.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. "What do you possibly want?"

I looked at the text and saw I had one from Matthew and the other was from Ringo Starr. Well, damn.

I opened the text and it read: I've decided that you seem to be a very intriguing person. Enough so, that I would like you to accompany me to a movie tonight. I don't know if this movie is your sort of thing, but it's Jumanji. If you don't like this movie, then, sufficed to say, we can't be friends.

I dropped my phone, "Holy—"

I picked my phone back up and started writing back, Sounds like a plan. When and where?

Sent.

I waited a few minutes and then the ringtone went off.
Be ready at 5. See you then.

I typed back—Gotcha.

I rolled onto my back, letting my phone slip out of my hands. What just happened? I'm apparently going on a date with Ringo. I don't even know if it is a date. Be ready at five. I picked up my phone to see what time it is. Seven. I groaned and got out of the bed, then walked into the shower. I changed into a white t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and pale blue high-waisted jeans. I loosely curled my hair and walked out of my room. I was greeted by a quiet house. I walked into Wilder's room to see he was barely awake.

"Hey, baby." I whispered, and reached into the crib to pick him up. I laughed at what I just said, "Hey, hey baby. I wanna know, if you'll be my girl."

I continued singing the song while I carried him out to the living room, and set him in the little car he could use his feet to move around in. He had already mastered the art of crawling, but not yet with the walking. I started to make scrambled eggs and hash browns. I felt a bump against my foot and saw Wilder incessantly running into my feet. He was laughing as he smiled back at me.

"Wilder?" He looked at me.

"I'm going on a date tonight." He blinked.

"Do you think that's a good idea? I'm going with someone named Ringo, I'll tell you all about why that's funny when you're older." Yawn. "He seems nice. I don't think he minds too much that I have a kid. If he does then you know I'm leaving right away, but not before slapping him across the face." He giggled. "Just remember, violence is not the answer. Unless they deserve it. Then make sure to hit them hard. Go big or go home, am I right?"

"Yuh." I froze.
I looked at him and he looked at me.

"What was, what was that?" I asked.

He just smiled back at me and started to laugh.

"OH MY GOD I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!" I lifted him out of the seat and I felt tears stream down my face. My heart felt weightless. The smile that took up my face hurt, it was so wide, "I love you so much, sweetheart. I mean I know this barely counts but who cares?"
I kissed his rosy cheeks, while he giggled sweetly. "Now give me a kiss."

He reached forwards and kissed my cheek. The moment was ruined when I smelled his diaper. "Okay little man, you really need a change." I opened my eyes with shock. "Jesus."
I changed his diaper and sat him down by me. The pancakes were cooled down enough where I could eat. I finished the food quickly and sat down by Wilder again. The time winded down, and when I checked my phone, it read: five oclock. As soon as I saw that, I heard a car pull into the driveway. I looked through the window to see a Dodge Charger sitting there. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, my first date. Camille had come over and is watching Wilder. I walked out and as my eyes flicked up, Ringo stood in front of me.
A single flower in his hand. Red Orchids. "Hello, Juno."
The smile on my face grew wide. I softly laughed and took the flower from his hand, I snapped part of the stem off and put the flower into my breast pocket. "Hello, and thank you."

"It was nothing." He tilted his head down slightly and gave me his hand. I took it and we walked to the car.

I could tell you the date went terribly, but I would be lying. It was like a chapter from a fairytale story. Six years later, I married Ringo. Bray and Cole's wedding happened a year before ours. They had a little girl named Luana, and Wilder and her have been best friends ever since she was born. I can end this story with pride, knowing that I am fully, and utterly happy, and if I could I wouldn't change a thing.