Fourth

I spent the next day in the hospital recovering. Dominic, Janelle, Bray, and Cole were there for me. They drove me home and we all sat in silence when we got back. A few more days passed and I had told them to just let me move on. They let me.
After a few more days they finally let me begin to workout. Clad in workout clothes, Bray and I were ready to start. Cole walked out of the bathroom in all black fitness clothes. We walked downstairs to the workout room Bray's parents had paid for. Bray's parents have been gone since January and they are flying back next January. Cole pulled me aside.

"Juno, because you're pregnant we can't do everything Bray will, we'll definitely do more after your pregnancy, but for now you'll have to stick to swimming, low-impact aerobics, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, and step or elliptical machines," Cole muttered, keeping his voice low so Bray couldn't hear.

"Okay, sounds good," I said.

Cole shifted his weight to his other leg, "I really think you should tell Bray. I mean, you guys seem to be so close. I would think you would want to tell her everything, no matter the consequences," He held his breath for a second, "And the likeliness of the consequences being bad are slim to none."

I leaned against the wall, "I know, I know. Just give me a bit, I need to figure out how I'm going to tell her."

. . .

Our workout was over, and I found myself getting closer and closer to Bray.

"I need to tell you something," I said.

She spun around, "What is it?"

"There's no easy way to say this, so..." I took a deep breath and said, "I'm pregnant."

She stood there, frozen for what seemed like forever, until her face contorted and she burst out laughing, "Oh, Ohhh my God. You almost got me. Don't scare me like that!"

I laughed along awkwardly, "I'm not joking."

Her smile faded, "Uh- what?"

I told her to story I told you earlier. How they beat me and raped me, and practically left me to die. Sufficed to say her reaction was filled with more rage than the evil possesses, and held more cuss words than a sailor has in his vocabulary, with a few death threats sprinkled in.

"Calm- just calm, calm down." I slid my hands down her arms, trying to lessen the yelling.

"How can I be CALM WHEN I JUST LEARNED MY BEST FRIEND WAS RAPED AND IS NOW PREGNANT!" Her voice went from zero to one hundred real quick.

"Yeah, I see what you mean," I said.

We went silent for a bit. Bray sat down.

"I- I just can't believe this. How could they do such a thing?" She whispered.

I sighed in response. Cole walked into the room with a smile on his face.

"What's up, guys?" He sat on the couch.

"It's nothing," I said. I raised my eyebrows towards him and widened my eyes.

"Oh." He mouthed.

"I think it's time I take a shower," I said and walked away. Once the hot water hit my back, I couldn't help, but think about my future. How will this baby, or even babies, affect my future? It's not like I'm going to get an abortion. I don't think I could live with knowing that I killed an innocent child. But soon enough, my thoughts drifted to the pros of this kid. I could dress them up, and take them with me to the store and stuff. I could get help from my brother and his wife, and Bray.

I got out of the shower and sat in Bray's room. Stealing her clothes, like any normal friend would do. I grabbed my phone and went on Instagram. The boys followed me just so they could comment hate on whatever I posted. I looked at all the things I had put up there. I needed a change. I deleted my pictures, then deleted my account. I had to start fresh on all accounts. My username was now, junoporter.
"Bray, let's go do something!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me.

I heard Bray's footsteps running over, "What do you wanna do?"

I shrugged, "Skydiving."

"Damn," Her face transitioned from shock to sly, "Skydiving, it is."