chapter 2 | pop news

Start from the beginning

Y/N

"Y/N! We have company!" You hear from downstairs so you knew the Jeon's had come. You stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Focus, Y/N. All you have to do is pretend to be all happy with anything and be polite for the next hour. It'll be okay. On the bright side, it might not even last an hour. You can do this, Y/N.." You cheered for yourself and checked one last time on your outfit before walking downstairs.

"Y/N.. Oh my. You've gotten so pretty. I can't believe you matured so well."

"Oh.. Thank you, Mrs. Jeon." You blushed at the compliment before seeing Jungkook at the door. Why was he here? Why did nobody tell you he was going to be here?

"Please.. Mom is fine." She said. You almost let out a weird face before containing in your emotions.

"Mom? Is that so, ma'am?" You said as politely as you can.

"Oh.. You're just so cute. Let's sit down and discuss. Shall we?" You looked up at her words as everyone started sitting down. Jungkook sat in front of you and you felt a kick on your leg. You hiss but try to not attract too much attention.

"Anything wrong, dear?" Your mom said, noticing you wincing.

"Um no. Just hit my knee on the chair." You said, chuckling nervously before everyone giggles at your 'clumsiness'. Jungkook snickers, making you want to kick him harder.

"Anyway.. There is something we have to tell the both of you." You looked up at the parents before looking back at Jungkook.

"In order to have our companies combined, we need a continuation of generations to connect. We wanted a fair sharing between the companies so neither one of us would have full control. And for that to happen, we need a marriage. So, we are arranging you guys into a marriage contract."

"WHAT?!" You both said, standing up. You looked at your mom who was also shocked at your father's words.

"Dad.." You let out and smiled at Jungkook's mom, forgetting to keep your cool.

"If you guys don't want to, we'll just have to keep our companies separated which means your father's company will crash on one end." Jungkook's dad says. He was right. And that also meant it'll affect Jin's company. You were having a mental crisis.

"Wait. Dad. I have to marry her?" Jungkook says. Finally. If he says no, then I won't have to.

"Yes son.. To honor each other's businesses. I think it's a great way to let the two most amazing kids together. Plus, as kids, you two always used to say you'd get married to each other. What's going to stop you two?" The parents were all smiling at each other, waiting for our agreement. No way. No way are you going to let that happen. What could stop the two of you? Um.. Maybe the fact that he has a girlfriend? Or that he has been torturing you for the past three years? Maybe because he just isn't the boy you first met anymore?

"Sure dad. I'll marry her." You were speechless with Jungkook's response.

"Really? Oh. I knew my son would come around. Thanks." His mom said. What were you going to do? You can't just marry him. He is going to play around with you just like in school. Except this time, it gives him a right to be like that at home too. Well actually. If there's marriage.. There's divorce. If you got married and he took over the company and you divorced him, you would get half but he'd still have to manage the company. That's actually not a bad idea. You nodded your head and looked at your parents.

"Fine.. But, that doesn't mean we'll be living together, right?" You said trying to figure things out.

"Of course not.", You let out a relieved sigh. "Well.. At least not yet." Your mom's tricky sentence almost made you spit out your saliva. You were disgusted with yourself.