Chapter 10

Draco's POV

I sat in the Great Hall, eating breakfast, trying to ignore Blaise, who was stubbornly staring at me. 

«Blaise, you're getting cringe», I said, hoping that my friend would turn around to look somewhere else.

«How come did you look at Granger at least 15 times since we entered the Great Hall?» he asked.

I froze. Fortunately for me, McGonagall unintentionally saved the situation by getting in front of the owl stand, obtaining everyone's attention. 

«I am proud to announce to you that this year, we will start having quidditch tournaments again!» she said calmly but enthusiastically. 

The Great Hall suddenly became very noisy. Everyone seemed happy.

«Unfortunately, we decided that the 8th graders won't be able to be part of the usual teams. But, there can be two teams of 8th graders who will play against each other. The teams can change throughout the year.» she announced with less enthusiasm. 

The Great Hall fell silent. The reason why the teachers decided this was probably to make quidditch matches fairer and leave place for younger students to play. The fun thing was, the 8th graders would need to make their own teams made out of people from different houses. I didn't care much. I didn't plan on playing this year. People started talking again.

«You thought it would be that easy, didn't you?» Blaise said, breaking my train of thought. 

«What?» I asked, confused.

«Granger», he said, rolling his eyes. I had completely forgotten about his question.

«If it's that obvious, why are you asking?» I said, hoping he would let go. 

Unfortunately for me, he didn't let go. I had to explain to him everything that happened the past two days; the clues, the way I carried her, the nasty way she stole from my pocket, and more. While I explained, his eyes kept darting towards the left. I was running out of patience. 

«Blaise, what's going on? What is so interesting over there?» I asked, making him understand that I clearly noticed his weird behavior, although I knew very well that several seats from him sat Hermione Granger.

«She keeps looking at you», he said calmly. 

«You're kidding», I asked, doubtful. It took me huge amounts of effort to hold myself from looking in her direction, and I was aware that Blaise could see it.

«There are still some words I want to hear from you, Draco», he said, a grin slowly appearing on his face. 

Some words. Some precise words. I knew what he meant. I sighed.

«Yes», I simply said, conscious that he knew what I meant.

«Yes what?», he questioned, his grin growing wider. He was just playing with my nerves.

«Yes, I love her», I told him, before standing up abruptly and leaving the Great Hall, knowing that this was what he wanted to hear. Even though I was forced to say it in this situation, it was true. I have never felt that way before. I couldn't even have admitted this kind of thing before without it having drastic consequences. At least, knowing that I could finally say it without getting punished comforted me...

...

Blaise's POV

I watched as he went out of the Great Hall in an elegant way that clearly showed that he was mad at me. He probably wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I was a little bit sad that Granger seemed not to know he loved her because she clearly loved him back. It wasn't a joke. She really was looking at him quite often with this glint in her eyes. The kind of glint that showed pure and desperate love. I felt like they both weren't aware of how much they loved each other. What confused me most was how fast they seemed to have fallen in love with each other. I felt like there was something else, something related to this memory and clue thing... Something they didn't remember of themselves but that still had an impact, though I couldn't understand how it could be possible. 

I watched as Harry Potter and Ron Weasley stood up from their places, leaving Granger alone. I waited for them to get out of the Great Hall before standing up and getting out too. I ran to catch up with them. I hoped hard that my plan would work.

Approaching from behind, I grabbed each one by an arm and dragged them into an empty classroom. The two boys gasped, surprised.

«No worries, I'll hurt no one», I said hurriedly to prevent getting punched. 

They stared at me in disbelief. 

«I need your help», I started. Their eyes widened. 

«Could you help me get in one of the 8th grader's quidditch teams, please?» I asked, hoping I wasn't making a huge mistake.

They looked completely shocked. It was understandable, I never talked to them before, but this was still a logical thing to ask these boys. It's not that I wanted to get into the quidditch team. I wanted to get closer to them. If ever I started to talk to them more and sitting with them in the Great Hall, Draco would be forced to sit with me and the golden trio, and, consequently, with Granger. I hoped Draco wouldn't get too stubborn. I hoped my plan would work. After a minute of staring at me, Weasley finally talked. 

«Well, why not?», he said before turning around to look at his friend. 

«Yeah, get ready then. We'll wait for you at the quidditch pitch», Potter agreed.

«Wait, we're starting right now?» I asked, surprised. I didn't expect this to happen that way...

«Yes», Potter precised.

«Alright, I'll be there soon then», I said, faking happiness. 

I didn't think about the part of the plan where I would have to play quidditch much. Still, I had to do it. I couldn't stand seeing my friend staring desperately at the first girl he had ever loved without doing anything. 

I entered the dorm before heading towards Draco's broom, which laid by his bed. He was sitting in the dorm. I took his broom.

«Mind if I borrow this?», I asked before bolting out of the dorm, not letting him time to answer.