Chapter 11

Blaise's POV

I have never thought that I could enjoy quidditch so much. I was so happy that I had decided to get up on a broom and try to get into a quidditch team, even if I did it for another reason than quidditch. 

My first practice with Weasley and Potter was a bliss. I had decided to be part of a team as a beater, which ended up being a practical decision because Potter and Wesley were used to training with beaters, which gave me a big advantage. It was one of the most unexpectedly pleasant decisions I have ever made.

Time flew. After three hours of practice, Potter landed. I followed with Weasley. We headed in the direction of the 8th years' tower to change, talking about the practice. They were very friendly and nice to me and got used to my presence very fast. We could easily hold nice conversations. After changing, we headed towards the Great Hall to have dinner. 

«By the way, you can sit with us if you want, we don't bite», Potter said.

I nodded and sat with the golden trio, Granger looking at me with wide eyes. After her two friends explained her the situation, she relaxed and came back to reading her book. I looked at the place I usually sat at. Draco was nowhere to be seen. Turning my head back towards Potter and Weasley, I got completely absorbed by their conversation and ended up being part of it.

...

Draco's POV

It took me all morning to finish my homework, but I was happy to be done with it, even though I didn't have much to do anymore to keep myself occupied. As I entered the Great Hall for dinner, I noticed that Blaise wasn't sitting at his usual place. I was incredibly surprised when I saw that he sat with Potter, Weasley, and Granger. Moreover, he seemed to have a very good time with the two boys of the golden trio, the three of them laughing their heads off while Granger read a book, looking at them from time to time with a slightly confused expression.

Here I was, having no idea what to do. Deciding that being mad at Blaise was a good reason not to sit with him, I sat at our usual place and started eating. I ate calmly until I heard someone calling my name.

«Hey, Malfoy!» I heard from the other side of the table. To my biggest surprise, it was Potter, who was waving at me enthusiastically, Weasley and Blaise looking at me with huge smiles. They saw me looking at them and started to motion me to come. I met Granger's gaze, who looked just as shocked as I was. I saw Blaise throwing me a «you-better-come-or-I'll-make-sure-you-have-a-hard-time» kind of look. Sighing, I stood up and came to sit with them, Granger looking at me with wide eyes. It was, indeed, a very weird and unusual situation.

«So, will you play quidditch this year?», Potter asked. I was shaken. What did Blaise tell them for them to become so friendly with us? Why was Potter talking to me as if we have had been friends forever? 

«No, I decided not to play this year», I simply answered, not knowing what to do. 

Blaise stared at me with an empty expression.

«What? Why? How come? Quidditch is such fun and you have one of the best brooms and you decided not to play for your last year at Hogwarts?», he asked, looking flabbergasted.

«Since when do you like quidditch? You barely ever touched a broom before!», I asked him.

Then, Weasley said something that I didn't really hear because of how concentrated I was on the abnormality of the situation, which had for effect to create an animated conversation between him, Blaise, and Potter, who were already calling each other by their first names. Granger seemed completely startled, her mouth fell open as she looked at her friends, then at Blaise, then at me. 

«Granger, you'll catch a fly», I joked, not having anything else to say.

«What's going on?» she asked, the other boys hearing nothing of it because of how concentrated they were on an anecdote Weasley was recounting. 

«I have no idea», I answered. Then, the three boys stood up and looked at us. 

«We're going to practice», Blaise said before they went away.

«Practice?», I asked without expecting an answer.

I turned around to look at Granger.

«Well, I guess we're officially stuck together», she said, sighing.

«Seems like it», I answered. As I looked around myself, I saw other 8th graders looking at us with confused and astonished expressions. Granger had already returned her attention to her book.

«Granger, why are they so kind to me all of a sudden?» I asked, hoping she knew something.

«They forgave you after you sent the letters», she simply said, keeping her eyes on her book before taking a cookie and taking a bite.

She looked so cute when she did this. Sunlight was falling on her, highlighting the soft color of her skin, making it look slightly golden. Everything about her was beautiful; her small, delicate nose, her large eyes with long lashes, her softly shaped chin, her round, balanced lips... A rose couldn't compete with her softness.

«By the way, you didn't tell me why you sent the letters yet», she said, still keeping her eyes on her book, causing me to immediately come back on Earth.

«I did tell you. I felt guilty. I still do», I said.

«Guilty? It's really the only reason?» she said, finally raising her head to look at me.

«It's a big enough reason», I answered before filling my plate with food in a desperate attempt to flee the conversation.

«Why didn't you do anything before?», she asked, not giving up.

I glared at her, trying to make her understand that I didn't want to talk about this. She glared back, showing me that she wouldn't give up. I lowered my gaze.

«I was just enduring the guilt before. When I saw you being tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange, it was too much. I couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't just stay here without doing anything, but I did it anyway. I just stayed in place and did nothing, but I wanted to do something so much. I'll never forgive myself», I finished, remembering one of the most awful days of my life, how I had watched someone suffer and had done nothing to help.

«Draco, look at me», she said with a voice so soft that my heart melted. She had called me by my first name. How? How could she be so kind after what I had done? I turned around to look at her, even though it hurt. 

«Making yourself suffer will lead you nowhere. The best thing you can do is forgive yourself and make sure you don't make the same mistake again. I forgive you and want you to forgive yourself», she said calmly, looking at me with eyes filled with honesty, kindness, and softness.

«I'll try», I answered, not knowing how to react.

«Don't just try. Do it for me», she told me with a warm, crystal clear voice that sounded like the most beautiful song I could ever hear.

«I will», I said. 

«Much better», she answered, a small, comforting smile appearing on her face before she returned her attention to her book.

My love for her kept growing.

Memories - Dramione storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें