Chapter 9

Louis woke up the following morning with a great idea. He thought that they should have a pack barbecue to get to know each other better.

When Louis told Harry, he was overjoyed.

"That's a great idea love. You are such a perfect pack Omega." He crooned.

Louis blushed. "I just think its a great way for them to feel welcomed into the pack. Plus I want to meet them." Louis paused. "Do you know about how many we have in the pack now?"

Harry thought for a moment. "I'd say about 300 but I'm not sure. I'm going to be going over numbers today. In fact, I better get going. With the new pack members I have so much to do." And with that, Harry placed a kiss on his forehead and then on his lips, and then left.

Louis decided to get down to the kitchen to start preparing for the event later that night. He ran into Perrie in the kitchen and told her his idea. She was excited but knew immediately there was a lot of work to do.

The two got to work preparing a grocery list before leaving with a few alphas to help them carry the heavy things.

A few hours had passed of grocery shopping, preparing food, and setting up tables in the yard. Louis realized it was well past lunch time and he hadn't eaten yet. He prepared a quick pasta and chicken dish for two, and brought both helpings upstairs to share with his alpha. Louis' hands were full so he called out for Harry to open the door. "Alpha?"

In split second Harry had the door opened and was scanning Louis over to make sure he was okay.

"I brought you lunch." Louis smiled. Harry opened the door wider for him and grabbed both plates and set them down on the desk for them to enjoy together. "How is everything going up here?"

"Really busy," Harry responded. "But it's all good stuff. We now have 276 pack members. A few left last night, but the majority stayed with us during the transition."

"That's really good Harry!" Louis said before continuing. "They're going to see how great of an Alpha you are and they are going to be so much happier than under Alpha Kaden."

"I hope so. omega." Harry said. "How is the barbecue planning going?" Harry had already gone over to the other pack house and told everyone to spread the word about tonight.

"Stressful, but it'll all be worth it."

"It's going to turn out amazing, omega"

"I hope so, alpha." Louis mimicked. They laughed.

As they finished up their lunch, Harry thanked Louis. Louis grabbed the plates and was off to planning again. The barbecue would be starting at 6 so he still had 4 more hours to go. He and the other omegas started recruiting alphas to man the grills, in total they gathered 10, for each of the grills outside. The omegas stayed inside and started prepping the salads, snacks and toppings. They all worked like a well oiled machine.

Before Louis knew it, people were starting to show up. Omegas that Louis never met before were in the kitchen finding things to do. Perrie was amazing at delegating out tasks for omegas, and there was so much help that they were all done with their tasks within about ten minutes.

Louis went outside in hopes of finding his alpha, but didn't see him anywhere. He decided to make himself a plate of food, being that he worked up an appetite, and sat down at an empty table.

He was just about to take a bite of his burger when a mated pair approached him.

"Omega, can we sit with you?" The blonde alpha asked.