Chapter 5

Harry was by Louis side for all of his heat. Harry lied awake while tracing lines on Louis back, it being early the next morning. Louis heat had only lasted two days. Typically an omega's heat even with an alpha would last 3 to 4 days, so it maybe had something to do with them being soul mates. Harry didn't question it, as he was happy with how Louis' heat went. Harry had never spent a heat with someone, or been with anyone before in general. Part of him was worried he wouldn't satisfy his mate, but it was clear that wasn't the case. His instincts took over and all he could think of was pleasing his omega in every way he could.

There was a light knock on the door that snapped Harry out of his lusty thoughts.

In a soft, low tone Harry responded, "Come in," as he covered what what showing of Louis.

"Alpha." Zayn bowed in respect. This time Niall, his third in command was following him closely behind. Though Niall was just a beta, he was a kick-ass warrior. Niall bowed his head as well.

"Why have you come to my room while my omega is coming out of heat?" Harry knew it must be important if yesterday they tried to contact him too. But his instincts took over and all he could think of was protecting him mate.

He also didn't bother giving an apology, being he was only doing what was right at the time. Zayn should have known better.

Zayn stepped into the light and was sporting a bruise on the right side of his jaw, Harry must have really hit him hard if thee was still a bruise hours later. He wouldn't be surprised if he broke his jaw, actually.

"There was a breach in the border last night. They got in and got out fast. Maybe 10 minutes they were here. We tried to sniff them out but they left almost no trail."

"Where did they go?"

"The other side of town, down by where Louis lives." Niall said.

Harry let out a low growl. Louis shifted in his sleep and snuggled closer into Harry's chest. "Did they get into his apartment?"

They shook their heads. "No, they were in and out. We were thinking it was a test run."

Harry sighed. "But no one but the pack knows that I have found my mate. How could they have known? This isn't random, I know that."

Louis shifted again for longer. "He's waking up. Go. We will talk about this in the conference room in twenty minutes. Do not speak of this to anyone, and do not tell Louis." Harry whispered out.

They left then suddenly, and Louis woke up.

"Good morning, love. How did you sleep?"

Louis yawned and stretched out. "Like a baby. You've been up?" Louis noticed he looked wide awake.

"I usually get up early for work, but you looked so peaceful that I couldn't disturb you. Plus I wanted to be here when you woke up." Harry kissed his lips lightly.

Somehow, Louis could tell there was something he was missing. He just couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe it was the soul bond just being weird, he brushed it off.

"The past few days were amazing, alpha."

"You aren't hurting at all?" Harry asked worried.

"Just a little sore, really. Nothing I can't handle. You were right. You took care of me. No pain at all. All i remember is pleasure, so much pleasure."

Harry growled low and kissed Louis mating mark. "Good. That's all I want for you. Happiness and pleasure." Harry paused a beat. "Do you think you're pregnant?"

Louis rubbed his flat tummy. "I don't know. It's hard to believe I'm not after all that knotting. I guess we'll find out in a month if I miss my heat."