Chapter 7

Louis spent quite sometime in the hospital, in and out of sleep. He heard Harry conducting business from beside him, never leaving his side. Doctors came by a few times a day to check his wounds and change his dressings. They were pleased with how fast he was healing. Of course he was healing so fast all because of Harry. Harry had been licking the wounds in wolf form and taking away most of his pain. By the end of the week, he was out of the hospital and resting in Harry's very large bed.

Louis vaguely remembers Harry telling him all his things were moved in, but forgot until he got to their room and saw all his belongings. Harry had cleared out more than half his closet for Louis' clothes, and even had his knickknacks scattered throughout the room.

Once again, Louis found himself wondering how he got so lucky.

Louis was alone (with a guard standing outside the door) when he started wondering if he could actually be pregnant. The stab wound was up high, more towards his chest, but he still wondered if even with all the stress he endured he could even be so. He rubbed his flat stomach, longingly. He ached to carry a pup, raise one with the love of his life, and love them entirely. But is now a good time? With the Blood Moon pack and everything going on, Louis almost  hoped he wasn't. They could try again in a few more heat cycles when things have calmed down. Right?

The door opened, revealing Harry.

"Hey love, how are you feeling?" Harry had been in meetings and his office all morning.

"Spectacular. I can't wait to get out of bed and do things." Louis missed work and wondered if he even still had a job being that he missed more days again with no notice.

"Well keep taking it easy and you'll be up and at 'em in no time." Harry kissed his head and lightly rubbed the omega's stomach.  "We find out in a few days if you are with pup."

Louis gave a small smile, not telling him what he had just been thinking moments prior. "I know, I'm so excited."

Harry must have felt something through the bond. "What's wrong omega? I feel you are holding something back."

Louis sighed. "It's just that-Don't get me wrong I want to be pregnant-But is this a good time? I don't want the baby to be in danger."

"Omega, you and our pup are in no danger, I told you I will protect you, don't you believe me?"

"I do, but I'm still worried."

Harry, then carefully, scooped Louis up in his arms and placed him in his lap, rocking him. Tears fell down Louis' face.

"I'm just so scared. What they did to me was awful, I can't bear the thought of our pup going through that."

"I know baby it's okay. Just trust me, alright? Nothing bad will happen to you." Harry comforted him.

Louis nodded in response and fell asleep in his alpha's arms.

Louis woke up, still in his alpha's arms, but in his office. Harry was working tirelessly on the computer. Louis looked and it was well past lunch time. "Come alpha. Let's go eat." Louis went to get up out of his mate's arms. Harry instead kept him still.

"One moment omega." Harry nipped at his mating mark.

Harry typed out a few more things on the computer before swiftly picking Louis up bridal style and bringing him downstairs to the kitchen.

"What do you want baby?"

"Harry this is ridiculous, let me cook."

"Love, I'm a great cook, this has nothing to do with you being injured." Louis was certain it had everything to do with him being injured.