I snort in amusement. "So I take it things are going well between you two?"

Lucas laughs. "No way. I could hear her screaming at him from my house almost a mile away."

Zach plops down on the couch and scornfully says, "Okay, fine. My mate would probably be thrilled if I came back with a bruise or two, but that doesn't mean you should do it!"

Laughing, I say, "No need to worry about your delicate skin, Zach. I agreed not to leave. You guys wouldn't happen to know where Cain went, would you? Is someone injured?" I can't help but have every dangerous scenario playing out through my head.

They shrug in unison. "Nothing happened, I swear, Luna," Lucas promises. "He just said he had errands to run and not to let you follow him."

I scoff. Errands. Something tells me if he was just out buying eggs, he wouldn't be so insistent on the secrecy.

"Whatever," I say. "I'm going to bed. Consider it your lucky day, Zach."

"Wait," Zach says, leaping to his feet. "I need a favor."

I raise my eyebrows in response. Does he want to get hit?

"I need you to talk to Cassia," Zach says desperately, and it's the last thing I expect.

I can't stop myself from laughing so hard I'm nearly in tears, even though Zach and Lucas look at me like I'm insane. "You... want me... to convince your mate to give you a chance? You do know that I tried escaping Cain at least ten times, and tried to kill him upwards of triple that, right?"

Lucas stifles a laugh at that.

"Please, Luna," Zach pleads, and his voice is so full of desperation I stop my laughter. "She might be willing to listen to you. Especially since you were in her position once, not too long ago. If you could just talk to her and get her to open up, it would mean everything to me."

I sigh, considering his words. As sure as Zach may be that I could talk some sense into the she-wolf, I was even more sure that I couldn't. Bonding with people was not a strength of mine, much less talking to them.

"Fine," I reluctantly agree. "But I'm bringing Gwen."

Zach exhales in relief. "Thank you, Luna. I owe you one."

My eyes light up at that. Yes, he certainly does. And I planned on cashing in on that favor later on. "I'll go tomorrow," I tell him, and say goodnight to both of them.

As I head up the stairs, I finally turn my phone on, surprised to see nearly twenty missed calls and texts.

Four missed calls from: Sebastian

Ten missed calls from: Thane

Sebastian: Call me back immediately

Thane: Ares, we really need to talk

Thane: I know you're having the dreams, too. You need to tell me what you know

Thane: Just talk to me, Ares. I'm not mad, I just want to know what's going on

Thane: Why aren't you picking up the phone?

Thane: I'm going to call Cain if you don't pick up

I swear as I read the last text message, sent an hour ago. This is very, very bad. Is this where Cain had gone? Did Thane tell him something? If he did, I am so, so, so totally screwed.

Clicking on Thane's contact, I pace around my room, shutting the door and shoving clothes under the door frame to stop the sound of the call, even though I doubted Lucas or Zach would be able to hear from the bottom floor. I turned on the faucet too for good measure.