Chapter 12: I don't fancy any girl right now.

Niall's P.O.V

"Do you think he'll wonder where I am?" She turned to me. We were watching the little lights go down on the numbers of the elevator as we headed down to the garage of the hotel.

"Not at all." I said.

"You say that a little too confidently. Should I be worried?"

"Of course not! He is your boyfriend after all."

"Right... yeah... my, uh, boyfriend." She said, touching her fingers to her lips.

My eyes followed her fingers as they traced her perfectly pink, shaped lips. She caught me staring at them and smiled.

"If you're wondering what kind of lip balm I use, it's just Chapstick." She laughed. I broke out a laugh as well. "Good ol' 99 cent, strawberry Chapstick."

"Thank you for the information." I said. "I'll make sure to make Paul get me some before we leave the US."

"Awesome." She flashed a smile.

"Hey, Niall. I notice your accent is different from the either boys."

"That's because I'm Irish." I said, standing tall. Of course I was Irish.

"So is Paul, right?"

"That's correct."

"Sorry, I'm not a directioner or whatever they call it. I don't know much about the band. My cousin is totally in love with you guys, though."

"Harry doesn't talk with you about us?"

She froze, and slowly began to nod.

"Yeah. Sure! All the time. I just try to change the subject sometimes whenever we do because he needs a break from this crazy life."

Finally! Someone other than Zayn, Harry, Louis, or Liam get the fact that we need breaks as well. As much as I love my job, Niall Horan needs as break, too.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, honestly, I'd be beyond annoyed by all the screaming and crying fans, being mobbed by papparazzi wherever you go! Crazy rumors popping up all the time and being demanded to repeat yourself over and over again for interviews and publicity!"

She literally had taken the thoughts out of my mind and put them into words. This girl was amazing. She was nice, funny, talented, and beautiful....

Wait. She's taken. By my best friend. I can't start crushing on her! 

But then again, I was 90% sure she wasn't Harry's girlfriend. Was she?

Could I make a move on her?

Probably not.

But that didn't mean we couldn't be good friends, right? Obviously yes, yes I could. Eleanor and I got along just fine and Louis doesn't seem to mind.

But when I think about Eleanor, and when I think about Rose, I feel different about Rose. She seemed more appealing to me. More admirable.....

"Niall?" Her voice scattered my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"We're on the garage floor."

"Oh." I stepped out of the elevator.

"Right."

Less than a couple yards away was one of our security guards that Paul sends with us whenever we got out in public. He stood in front of a black car with dark, tinted windows, and as we walked towards him, he held the door open for me.

"Thanks, Joey." I said. But I didn't get into the car. "One second."

I turned to Rose and held the door open for her. "Ladies first."

"Oooo, how polite." She smiled, getting into the car. I followed her in.

"My mum is proud." I joked.

"I bet she is. Any girl would be lucky to have you in her life." She implied, as she clicked on her seatbelt.

"Thanks."

We figured we were too good for all the fancy lunch cafés and restaurants in L.A so we settles down at Subway. Inside the restaurant were a few people standing around, ordering their food at the counter and paying for their submarines.

We got our food, and sat down in the farthest corner of the place. It was pretty empty so I was relieved. I couldn't risk being ambushed by any papparazzi or fans. Not today. Not with Rose.

Not that I didnt like meeting fans, I just wanted to spend some time with Rose. I mean, she was going to be with us for a while...

Might as well get to know her now.  

"So, Rose, tell me more about your life here in America" I said, taking an almost too big bite out of my hot sandwich.

"Um, it's pretty normal, I guess. I hate going to school I can tell you that. But I like to study. I'm currently working on my art piece submission for the colleges I'm trying to get into."

"Hardworker, eh?" I chuckled. "I couldn't see myself doing anything rather than what I do today."

"Really?"

"Yup." I said. I didn't want to talk about myself. I wanted to talk about her. "Family?"

"Um, yeah, I've got a husband and two kids." She said, taking a sip from her tea.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm kidding!" She leaned in as she laughed. "I've got an adopted sister, who's actually my cousin, and my two parents. And our cat Felix, if he counts."

"I think he does." I nodded in approval.

She smiled. "And you?"

"Well, I have a family back home in Ireland but the 'family' I have now are four brothers." I said.

"Aw!" Good. She didn't think it was too cheesy. "That's so cute!"

"Is it? I spend almost every minute of every day with them. Its really a great thing we all get along."

"Sure is. So...." She had a playful smirk on her face. "I see Zayn with Perrie, Louis with Eleanor, Liam with Danielle, Harry and I, but no special girl for you?"

For a second I was a bit annoyed. She sounded like one of those pushy interviewers that always wanted to invade our love lives. But then I realized. This was Rose. She was nice. She was my friend.

"I...." I broke eye contact with her. "I'm not sure. Finding a girlfriend isn't my top priority right now."

"You don't even have a tiny crush on someone?"

"Is that what Americans call it? A crush?" I asked, saying 'crush' in an American accent.

"Oh, sorry." She said. "Do you fancy anyone?" She imitated my accent, which was almost too good.

I was set back. When I thought about it, I don't really have a crush on anyone. No specific girl calls my attention. I had come to a conclusion that there was no one special. Just as I was thinking this, I looked at Rose. She had her arms crossed, smiling at me.

"No, Rose." I sighed. "I don't fancy any girl right now." I said. She gave me a little pout and patted my hand.

And in that moment I realized that what I had just said was a massive lie.