20: ROSE, WATCH OUT!

Just a heads up.....y'all are gonna choke at the end of this chap. hehe. I shouldn't laugh..you'll see why.. Enjoy~! -Brit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dad!" I called, tucking my hands into my short pockets. I continued down the steps where there voices only became clearer and I was more than certain the person I least wanted to see was in my house.

I saw him and my dad standing around the lab, having a can of soda. How nice.

Not really.

I hopped on the last step, making sure they knew I was in the room. Did my calls not work?

When they turned to look at me, you could see they had been laughing at some joke. Oh, please. My dad shouldn't be wasting any of his famous pun jokes on Harry just yet.

Don't get too comfortable, Dad

"Hey there, sweetie." My dad greeted me. Harry turned around soon after my dad did. He rocked back on his heels when he saw me, sticking a hand into his black jeans.

"Hey, um, can I talk to Harry alone?"

I gave him a quick glance. And even though it was about .2 seconds of a glance, butterflies still creeped up on my stomach.

"Uh, sure, sweetie. I was just showing him the machine and such." He said, making his way towards the steps. "It was nice meeting you, son!" My dad said to Harry.

"You, too, Mr. Cameron." Harry said. I nearly gagged.

There he stood. Black jeans, white t-shirt, dog tags, and white converse. Even with such simple of attire my stomach was turning in knots. Why did I do this to myself?

Once I heard the door shut, I crossed my arms.

"What are you doing here, Harry?" I demanded to know. No more playing Nice Rose.

"I came to fix things, Rose.” He said, stepping closer to me.

Unbelievable. I only stepped back.

“Theres nothing to fix here Harry. Go home.”

“I’m not going anywhere till we’re okay.” He said taking a step closer, yet again.

"Well, would you look at that?" I uncrossed my arms and threw one up in the air. I had a habit of talking with my hands. It runs in the family.

"I'm serious, Rose. I came to say sorry." He looked my dead in the eye.

"It's not that easy."

"Rose-" He tried to reason.

"Harry, did you hit your head and forget everything you told me less than 3 days ago?"

I figured it was time to make myself clear.

“No, Rose, I didn't-"

"I-" I cut him off. "I'm not letting you off the hook so easy. What you did destroyed me inside. I've been locked in my room crying for two days. So I'm going to the store right now for my mom, and when I come back I honestly don't care if you're here or not anymore."

I pivoted towards the steps and placed a hand on the railing.

“Wait, where are you going? I want to talk to you, Rose. Please, let me fix this.” He pleaded.

I sighed. “No, Harry.”

I walked up the steps despite him calling my name. I didn’t need this right now. I went out the garage and into the car.

I wasn't going to cry this time. I started the car and when I opened the garage door, I saw Harry getting into his car in the driveway.

He was going to follow me. I shook my head.

I started driving. If it it was going to take a big scene at the grocery store to get Harry to leave, then so be it.

Harry was a few cars behind me, but I didn't care.

Without a look back at my rearview mirror, I kept driving. Once I started driving, it began to relax my nerves. My mind was beginning to empty itself, and pretty soon I began to forget where I was headed to.

In some strange way, it sort of made me feel better. Until my phone rang.

It was the ringtone Harry recorded for me a few days ago for whenever he called me. "Hey Rose, pick up your phone, pick up your phone, it's Harrrrrryyyyyyyy"

His pre-recorded voice sang. I forgot I hadn't changed it.

I pulled it out of my pocket.

As much as I didn't want to pick it up, I did anyways. I slid my finger across the screen to unlock it and I pressed it up to my ear.

“What do you want Harry, I'm driving.” I said bluntly.

“Rose please come back. I- I miss you.”

I took a deep breath. He's saying all the right things, and I'm just being stubborn.

But my mouth kept running. “Really, Harry? Because that’s not what it seemed like when you said everything was my fault.”

He stammered. “I didn't mean those things Rose!" I could hear his voice trying to keep from yelling. "I was just upset!” He insisted.

“Harry, you still don't understand. Just leave me alone.” I shook my head.

I began breathing in through my nose, and out of my mouth. This was becoming stressful. Exactly what I didn't want it to turn out to be.

"Rose." Harry spoke my name. "Just hear me out, love."

I ignored it. I just wanted to relax, so I closed my eyes. I heard him sigh. Then speak my name. "Rose."

I still ignored him. "Rose." He said again, although this time it sounded more urgent. He was desperate. But as the way he said it echoed in my head, I realized.

Before I had the chance to open my eyes again, I heard Harry scream my name over the phone.

"ROSE, WATCH OUT!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH MA GAWD. ROSE. GIRL. DRAMA DRAMA.

Plot twist ;)

Poor Harry! :( You'll have to wait and see what happens in the next chapter. Which Alex is working on as I type! Hope you guys are still enjoying our story. We try really hard to spice it up! Love all of our readers!!! Much!

Vote. Comment. Tell us what you think!

Until next update. ;)

-Britney