Chapter 32;

I was patient for the greater part of the day only 'cause Yoongi was by my side. However, my thoughts were all over the place. I was imagining countless scenarios and reasons why he'd left. I was cursing him, and yet justifying actions, only because I loved him. Whatever made him leave me there couldn't be stronger than the connection we had. 

"Yoongi we're packing our bags and we're leaving!" I said. I don't even wanna think he might have given up on me... Knowing him, he's up to something... Something I'd never approve of... I packed my bag in ten minutes. It was only when I got to the front door with the full bag that I realized I'd have to walk all the way to the bus station. Ugh! I don't even know the bus schedule... There's a chance I'll arrive to the city tonight. It would be a shame if we missed each other. Something was still telling me to stay here and enjoy the safety of his home. I sighed and put my hand on the doorknob. 

At that time my phone was ringing. "It's him! Oh, finally!" I yelled. "Tae! Where are you?" I said when I answered the phone. "Y/n, forgive me for leaving without any explanation... You were missed about me..." Taehyung said. He ignored my question, but I could guess where he was. There was music in the background and he had a hard time expressing his thoughts, so I reasined he was at the bar. He spoke incoherently and told me that everything would be fine. He also told me not to worry and asked me to believe in him. 

"Are you preparing me for something? What are you planning to do?" I asked Taehyung curious. "I'll dig up some dirt on Noah. We can finally get back at her..." Taehyung said. "I don't understand... How are you gonna do that? Please be careful... Don't get into trouble..." I said worried. "I'll be fine... It's important that you're safe." Taehyung said.

I had to admit I was scared. There was a chance he might come up with some crazy idea, given his condition, and that was why I neede to see him as soon as possible. "Don't do anything until I get there... Please." I said. "I'm not alone in this, Y/n, don't worry. I have to go now. Stay there and wait for me, I'll see you soon. I love you." He said. "But..." I wanted to say but he hung up. Oh, my god! He'll get himself into some trouble! I won't make it on time to stop him. 

I pushed the suitcase aside and sat on the bed reluctantly. There was nothing else I could do expect sitting there and waiting. 

Some time later...

 As the time passed by, my mood changed from excitment to fear and vice verse. I had no idea what to do with myself until I heard someone knocking on the door. I jumped on my feet and rushed to the door. Hoping he'd finally come to his senses and returned to me.   

I opened the door and saw Jane. She was always smiling, but at that moment her face was scared and serious. "Jane! What a surprise!" I said. "Hello, Y/n, I hoped I'd find you here. We need to talk..." Jane said. "Of course... I'm sorry, I'm so rude. Please, come in." I said and Jane came inside and the room was instantly filled with the smell of freshly baked cookies. She gave me a box filled with cookies and smiled like a child fighting not to start crying.

"Thank you! My favorite cookies! Sit down, I'll make us some coffee and then you'll tell me what's bothering you." I said. "No, thank you... I can't stay long... I came here to apologize to you in person for the incovenience I've cause by being gullible..." Jane said and I didn't understand what she was trying to say. "Inconvenience?!" I asked

She told me everything about her meeting with Noah at the hospital, as well as about the newspaper article which was published after that. "I messed up, Y/n... Forgive me..." She said sad. "Jane!How could you do this to me?! I'm so disapointed..." I said and I started raising my hands uncontrollably in disbelief which upset Jane even more. She started crying.... 'Oh..." She said. "I thought I could count on you Jane." I yelled. "Y/n... I... I'm so sorry... She said she was your sister and that she was worried about you.. I was afraid your condition was getting worse..." Jane explained. "You should've told her to talk to my doctor and there would be nothing else she could so. Unelievable!" I yelled mad. "Forgive me, Y/n..." Jane said. "I will... With time... Probably... But there's one good thing about all this, some things ar crystal clear now..." I said.

Jane looked at me completely confused, but she was afraid to ask me anything. On the other hand, it was a relief to know what made my love return to the city. He wanted to make everything right, but he also wanted to protect me from the negative impact of the newspaper article.

"Jane, thank you for admitting your mistake, I appreciate it." I said. "That wasn't the only reason I came here, Y/n I wanted to give you this too... It's Noah's." Jane said and she gave me a visibly damaged tablet, but I could clearly see the vision logo on its back side. "How can you be sure it belongs to Noah?" I asked her. "Cause I stole it from her. Don't judge me please." Jane said looking down. "Jane! I would've never thought that you were capable of stealing. Why did you do this?" I asked her curious. "I didn't like Noah from the second I saw her, but I had to be nice to her. When she found out everything she wanted, she started threatening me not to tell anyone what she'd asked me. And that was when I got angry!" Jane said mad. "I hope you didn't give her a reason to hunt you too?" I asked her. "I assured her I'd be quiet about everthing and, after that, she left. She probably forgot her tablet on one of the hospital beds." Jane explained. "Well, in that case, that's not stealing, Jane." I said laughing. "It's just the same.. I didn't wanna call her and give it back to her. I hid it as soon as she left." Jane said. "Noah will probably remember where she had her tablet the last time and she'll come back for it." I said. "I'll just pretend I don't know where it is. I leave it to you to decide whether you'll return it or not, but before that you should check the tablet for any useful information." Jane suggested. "I already feel bad about that..." I said.

Jane stopped talking and looked down. She saw my suitcase and just said: "Your bus leaves in half an hour... I think it would be best for you to go right now." "I know..." I said. "Go... I'll take care of Yoongi. They won't let you travel with him." Jane said. "Thank you, Jane." I said.

We said goodbye, I put the tablet into the suitcase and rushed to the bus station.

Amnesia {bts ff}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara