20. End Game

End Game🔚

"Stop or you'll watch him die!" everyone immediately halted their actions at my loud voice looking at me with wide eyes as I stood over my own father with menacing expression. The said man looked terrified himself although he tried his best not to show it under his stoic features. "YOU GO GIRL!" I heard Jin and Jungkook shouting almost making my malicious expression falter. "Y-you w-wouldn't" he stuttered with wide eyes. I let out an almost evil chuckle as I said "You made my life a living hell, made me your own puppet and destroyed god knows how many other lives. Why wouldn't I?". I pressed the side of the sword deeper into his drawing out blood while he shrieked in pain. "I-I did it for you. So that you could have a happy and wealthy-"

"Thank you but your effort was unappreciated" I said giving him a sarcastic smile. He sighed closing his eyes as if trying to calm himself down. "What do you want me to do?" he calmly asked. "It's not my place to tell you that" I said as he furrowed his eyebrows at me in confusion. I looked at Taehyung who was standing with the help of Hoseok and Namjoon and back at all of our friends. "There's someone you're indebted to" I said before raising a hand towards Taehyung. He grabbed my hand with a small smile playing on his lips. Father scoffed looking at us with raised eyebrows "I'm not doing anything that this shep-". I cut him off by pressing the sword harder against his neck "Remember it's my sword and your neck"

"Fine what do I have to do?" he asked rolling his eyes at me and I swear I almost jabbed the sword in his throat. "You shall do what my father always desired" Taehyung spoke "As The Chief, I want you to make Daegu a place equal and just for all including the shepherds". His eyes widened in panic but he knew he had no other option but to oblige. "Tommorrow at the sacred well near the mountains, I want you to gather all the villagers and announce that Daegu will hereby be a safe place for the needy, poor and shepherds. And whoever dares to cause any harm to them shall be punished". In a low and displeased voice he said "Fine I will"

"Also" I said pointing a finger at him "You shall give all your money to the villagers and shepherds to pay for the damage you've caused". I swear his eyes almost popped out of his sockets when I said that. "I won't do that!" his voice was somewhere in between screaming and crying. "Then pay with your life" I said flinging the sword in the air as he covered himself with his arms and said "No no no I'll do it, I'll do it". Namjoon and Jackson came forward holding him up and tying a rope around him. "What are you doing?" he asked with his voice laced in fear and confusion "We can't let you go yet. You shall remain our hostage for today". They dragged him away tying him to a tree.

Taehyung turned around to face me as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. "Damn you're one savage girl" he said making a wide smile stretch on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I said "Thank you for helping me step out of the chains that tied me down for so long. I no longer feel like a human toy since you taught me to fight for myself. Thank you for showing me not only those beautiful places but also life, strength, determination, friendship, love and myself". He leaned his forehead on mine looking into my eyes as he said "Thank you for treating me indiscriminately, for fighting for me and for staying by my side despite all the pain and trouble. Thank you for helping me fulfill the desire that my father lost his life for and thank you for being mine"

With that he tilted his head moulding our lips in a deep kiss under the moonlight as the sea sang melodies of serenity and cool breez caressed us gently. He pulled me closer to him as subtle rays of light shined over us marking the arrival of the dawn. Taehyung and I indeed were very thankful to have each other. We were both like ropes that had been burned, pulled and molested several time, so close to breaking apart. But with both of us tied together, we remained united and strong. When we pulled back from the kiss, Taehyung looked deep into my eyes as he whispered "I love you". I felt tears burn my eyes at the surreal feeling fluttering in my heart "I love you too"

"GROUP HUG!" Hoseok excitedly screamed as both Taehyung and I were pulled among several arms as we cheered and laughed in victory. We spent that night celebrating in the sandy beach. The whole place was filled with our laughters, cheers and music. In the morning, we dragged father to the sacred well where all the villagers were gathered. Several protests were heard upon his announcement but they eventually quieted down as there was nothing they could do against the "Chief's decision". All of his wealth was distributed among the poor and shepherds. The boys built a small village for themselves where they lived in peace and prosperity without having to worry about an escape plan incase they were caught. Jackson and his friends also settled in Daegu with the boys.

When the reality dawned upon Father, he eventually drowned himself in a sea of depression and self pity. He was no longer The Chief that people feared, he was no longer wealthy or reputed. Being unable to face the truth, he eventually killed himself. I was slightly saddened by the news because despite everything that did, he still was my father. When the situation started to worsen due to the loss of their Chief, Daegu appointed Taehyung as their new Chief. He was no longer seen as a pitiful shepherd whose parents were killed for fighting for equality but a respected young man who had learnt about life and justice the hard way. As promised Taehyung and I lived in a small house near the beach where we played with our daughter Minhee and son Minsook in the beach the whole day and grew old together. This is the happy ending to our story.

 This is the happy ending to our story

I can't believe it's over. Thank you for your support and love for the story. I really hope you enjoyed reading Vintage Love. Please share and vote for the story if you did. I love you all!❤