12. Last First Kiss

Last First Kiss

One month, it has been one month since the day I met Taehyung. And in all honesty, this month has been a pure bliss. Not only did I get to see numerous beautiful places that I didn't even know existed, I got to live a life out of the four walls of my house where I was tied down by the chains of several social restrictions and superstitions. This mere month taught me more about life, happiness and love. Love, that single word brings about various feelings and sensations in me along with a person in my mind, Taehyung.

I still remember the day he confessed his love to me and I also remember being unable to answer him at all. But after spending several days there's one thing I'm sure about, I love him. Sometimes I'd sneak out at night to spend time with him in the Lover's Lake, talking for hours, swimming or playing around in the lake. Or I'd go to the village where all the boys would welcome me with open arms. It feels ecstatic to know that I have finally made 7 amazing friends in this month.

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I asked holding onto his hand firmly so I don't hurt myself. Today Taehyung promised to take me somewhere special. I had no idea where that was but I was extremely excited. "Okay you can open them now" he said before removing his hand that was covering my eyes. I opened them to find myself standing in the wilderness. "Uhh Taehyung" I said "Did you bring me here to look at the trees?"

He giggled at my dumbfounded expression shaking his head at me cutely. "Nope I'm here to show you the most important part of my life" he said before a playful grin formed on his face Oh no "Can you take a guess?". I furrowed my eyebrows thinking of all the stupid things he could say but I raised my hands in the air as I couldn't think of anything. "You" he said giving me his signature boxy smile making heat crawl up my cheeks. I lightly smacked his head as he said "Alright I'm joking. As a shepherd the most important part of my life are my sheeps"

"We're here to see your sheeps?" I excitedly asked bouncing on my place like a little child who just got a toffee. He nodded at me before saying "Wait a second" he said before grabbing a long wooden flute from his pocket. The flute looked polished and well-handeled making me wonder if it was something important to him too. "Why do you have that?" I asked out of curiosity. He smile at me before saying "I found out that not only humans but animals too enjoy and are attracted to music. So I use this flute to collect my sheeps"

"You must be really good at it then"

"Well I'm not that good but..." he placed one end of the flute over his lips blowing soft puffs of air into it rhythmically producing a wonderful melody.

I closed my eyes leaning onto the tree behind me enjoying the melodious notes of the flute. They were calming, soft and you could almost feel his love for music through them. For a few moments I forgot about every fear, sadness and unfulfilled desires of my life. I was instead filled with peace and happiness. I remembered every little moment I spent with my mom and Lina and for the first time in a long while, they brought a smile to my face instead of tears. I was so lost in my own world that I didn't realize that Taehyung had already stopped playing until he lightly tapped my shoulder looking at me with a smile as he pointed at the open ground in front of us.

 I was so lost in my own world that I didn't realize that Taehyung had already stopped playing until he lightly tapped my shoulder looking at me with a smile as he pointed at the open ground in front of us

The once empty meadow was now filled with herd of sheeps calmly grazing and some were milking their young lambs. A huge smile formed on my face as my eyes glowed in excitement and wonder looking at the sea of white animals in front of me. Taehyung looked at me with a proud smile on his face "Wanna play with them?" he asked and I enthusiastically nodded running towards them with his hand in mine. They remained unbothered almost as if they were familiar with me as I gently stroked their soft white fur. I felt something nudge on my feet making me look down.

I picked up the little lamb in my arms softly patting it's head as it rubbed it's head on my hand

I picked up the little lamb in my arms softly patting it's head as it rubbed it's head on my hand. "This one is Norman. He was born only two weeks ago" Taehyung informed lovingly stroking it's fur. "He is so cute" I said bouncing the little lamn in my arms cautiously. I set him on the ground and he immediately ran towards a sheep which I assume is his mother. Taehyung slipped his hand in mine as he said "Come on there's somewhere I want to show you"

He guided me through the tall trees, continuing to walk till we were standing on the edge of a cliff. Adjacent to the forest was the beautiful blue sea of Daegu village, stretched so far I wondered if it reached the end of the world. Below us was the sandy beach that looked almost too comfortable to sleep on, laying supine to it as the sunlight caressed our faces. I wish I could do that someday. Taehyung helped me sit on the edge of the cliff with our legs dangling down.

I closed my eyes feeling the soft breeze coming from the sea hit my face. Taehyung gently placed his hand on mine making me smile at him. He looked forward at the sea as he said "When I was younger, I'd come here often with my parents, we'd spend the whole day here,playing in the beach and swimming in the water". A soft smile formed on his face although his eyes were glistening with tears. "I still remember promising my parents that I'd build a house for them to live in right here so that we could play in the beach all day and watch the sunset in the evening together"

I intertwined my fingers with his in an attempt to console him as a lonely tear flowed down his face. He softly smiled at me as we spent the next few minutes staring at each other calmly. However, I suddenly jerked up in shock as I felt the cloth tied around my face being blown away by the wind. I looked up at Taehyung in panic to find him already covering his eyes with his palm making mine soften. "Don't worry I've got my eyes covered" he said making my heart skip a beat at his kind act. Maybe it was time for me to let go of the last chain that was tying me down from fully embracing myself and him.

I placed my hand on his gently pulling it down looking at him with a smile that he could finally see. I was no more scared of showing myself to him. His eyes widened as he admired my face slowly as if I was some piece of art that he could spend hours looking at. "You're so....beautiful" he softly whispered before slowly leaning in towards my face. His eyes darted to my lips and back to my eyes asking for permission. My eyes fluttered closed before I leaned in feeling his warm lips press against mine in a soft and passionate kiss moulding together perfectly like the last two pieces of a puzzle as they moved in sync.