8. Moments

Moments❤

"Miss you're doing it again" Sarah sighed for the umpteenth time since I've been zoning out randomly since I came home last night. "I'm sorry" I cheekily smiled at her starting to untangle the knots I had managed to form while knitting a small handkerchief. "Sarah maybe you should leave. I'm sure you have a lot of other works to do. I'll do this myself" I politely spoke although I was praying she would leave so that I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of her.

"Okay miss" she said bowing down at me before stepping out of the room. I immediately covered my face with a cushion as I felt heat crawl up my cheeks reminiscing Taehyung's confession last night. I'm not sure if I love him but I definitely care a lot about him and he makes me, happy, something I haven't felt in a long time.Getting sick of tangling and untangling the knots again and again because I couldn't focus, I decided to roam around in the house for a bit because the space was certainly huge. Since Taehyung was busy today, I don't have to go to meet him today which I think I'm fortunate for because I'd definitely be a blushing mess in front of him.

Walking by the hallway, I stopped in front of the marvellous painting crafted by my mother before she passed away. The art consisted of a beautiful waterfall flowing down into a natural pit below it forming a beautiful lake glowing in the dark due to the incandescent light reflected by the moon and stars swimming in the endless horizon of night sky above it. Silhouettes of crepuscular animals could be seen around the pond while fireflies shined high above it. At the bottom of the painting a small handwritten script read 'Lover's Lake'. I remember her saying that she visited the lake only once but the memory of it's irresistible beauty remained craved out in her head so she wanted to draw out her memories in a painting, and she did. The last painting she ever made.

I blinked away the tears gathered in my eyes. Despite our differences,my mother and I were really close to one another. When I was a child, she's discreetly take me to Lina's to play and when father starved me for punishment she would secretly bring me food. However, when I turned eight, she started to tell me to stay away from Lina, saying she wss a toxic person, a misfortune to our family. She'd let father have his way with me while guiltily looking away. For some reason, I always found her sudden change very unsettling.Strolling through the mansion, I halted in my steps as I heard indistinct vouces from father's office. I wasn't the one to eavesdrop but I'm sure they are talking about shepherds so I decided to listen in just this once.

"Our men are still searching for the shepherds' current inheritance my lord" I heard his secretary speak confirming my assumption. "Be as quick as possible to find them" father spoke "I don't want any of them to be seen in the village or near any of my children. Especially Y/N" my eyebrows knitted in confusion at his statement. I leaned closer to the door so I could hear better "I understand my lord, your daughter was really fond of those slums when she was younger. I ponder that is why you're concerned?" I formed my palms into fists in anger. "That is true Mr. Jo. I would also like to keep away from having to personally encounter any shepherds because of her. Evacuating Lina and her parents was bothersome enough" my mouth parted as a silent gasp escaped past my lips at the mention of Lina.

"You never told me what you did to them my lord" Mr Jo spoke in curiosity. "I personally payed a visit to them and threatened to kill Lina if they didn't leave the village immediately. Stupid girl wanted to say her goodbyes to Y/N before she left" his words were followed by an evil chuckle showing no regrets to what he did. My eyes burned with tears at his next words "My wife was always against me punishing Y/N, she'd protect her with her life so I had to show her what place she was in too. A few beatings and threats to kick out her lovely daughter was all it took". And just when I thought my father couldn't be anymore inhumane, Mr Jo asked "But why did you kill your wife?"

"She had grown out her wings, so I had to break them" I covered my mouth with my hand muffling my cries. "She wanted to revolt against me and my rules, hence she started disobeying me and respect, is what I value the most. So I had to kill her" the tears gathered in my eyes were freeling flowing down now. I grabbed a cloth placed in the shelf nearby and tied it around my face running towards the main door. "Sarah please tell father I'm sick and will be in my room today" I said to Sarah who was calmly cleaning the garden.

"But Miss what-" before she could complete her sentence, I sprinted our, running wherever my feet guided me. Endless thoughts were roaming in my head, all of them were equally agonising and sad. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the woods. A familiar figure was chopping firewoods in a distance.

I immediately ran towards him taking him by surprise as I wrapped my arms around his lean frame engulfing him in a hug. Taehyung remained stoic for a few seconds as I buried my face into his chest with tears flowing down my eyes. He placed a gentle hand on the back of my head while his other arm remained wrapped around my waist "Hey what happened? Are you okay?". I started sobbing out loud into his chest wrapping my arms around him tighter. "Hey hey look at me" Taehyung said carefully pulling my face so that I was now looking at him. A worried expression took over his usual happy self. "You don't have to tell me okay? But please stop crying" he said wiping away the tears grabbing my face with both of his hands before slipping one of them into mine "Come on there's somewhere I think will help calm your mind"

 "You don't have to tell me okay? But please stop crying" he said wiping away the tears grabbing my face with both of his hands before slipping one of them into mine "Come on there's somewhere I think will help calm your mind"

Oh shoot me King Agust D!